Epilogue

"Perfect day for sunbathing," Natasha commented habang nakahiga sila ni Alyanna sa lounge chairs sa tabi ng pool.

Alyanna was wearing a skimpy black bikini habang nakapikit ang mga mata, soaking in the warm sun around them. "I know! I missed the peace in this place."

"What peace? This place is a warzone," Natasha responded sitting up and reapplying her sunscreen.

"But I still feel like it's the most secured place on Earth."

"You're just in love," she commented jokingly. "Speaking of in love, il tu amore is here."

Alyanna opened her eyes to see her husband's figure walking towards them from the house. He was in his usual three-piece suit which means he has business to take care of for the day. She checked her phone's clock and it was just eleven in the morning. How is he at home already?

"Good morning, ladies," Konstantin greeted them both then gave her a firm kiss on the lips. She sat up and met his kiss more urgently then settled back when she noticed that Natasha was smirking beside them.

"Why are you home so early? You just left this morning," she noticed.

"I have some news."

"What is it?" Alyanna asked worriedly.

"Romulo was found dead in his cell. He committed suicide last night and no one has noticed til now when a random guard checked up on him for breakfast."

She was stunned, unable to say anything.

"Perhaps fate took matters to his own hands and made him pay back all his debts after all," Natasha declared, standing up and putting on a coverup over her royal blue bikini.

"Alexei is here. I called for him so we could discuss the funeral. Romulo's still my brother after all," balita ni Konstantin.

Natasha just rolled her eyes. "I specifically went here to get away from him. Ugh!" and she walked back into the house.

Alyanna just laughed at her friend. "How long have they been married?"

"Since she was eighteen. But they only got around to living together late last year."

"That explains," she commented and smiled. "Anyway, do what you have to do. You don't have to ask for my permission. Hold a funeral for him in whatever way you see fit. He's still... a Sokolov."

"Thank you. This whole thing will be quick and I won't demand your presence in the funeral. Alexei and I can take care of it."

"Alright. Be quick and return to me, my love."

"I will," he promised and kissed her firmly again on the lips.

"Where the hell is my wife?" boomed Alexei from behind them.

Konstantin just shrugged.

Alyanna turned to Alexei for some advice. "I think she went inside the house to hide when she realized you were coming."

"Cazzo," he cursed. "Women are such pains in the ass."

"You said it!" Konstantin agreed.

"Konstantin!" saway niya sa asawa.

And Alexei left them to go back into the house to search for Natasha.

"They'll be alright," Alyanna commented while looking at Alexei's figure slowly disappearing back to the house. "I managed to love you and see the good in you. I hope Natasha does the same for Alexei."

"I doubt it. They're married for so many years now," he said pessimistically.

"Stop it. I have faith in love and marriage. They'll work it out."

"I hope so. But in the meantime, by next week we should hold out a party."

"Oh, yes. The party," she agreed. "I'll ask for Natasha's help to plan things around.

"Alright, it should be grand. My heir deserves nothing less," Konstantin said and kissed her again on the lips and after, on top of her stomach. "I can't wait to see our little baby in eight months."

"I can't wait to see him, too."

"I love you, mi cara."

"I love you, too.

The End

*****