Part 29: always

"So, this is it?" I questioned.

"No Y/n, you're not leaving me."

I sighed, taking a moment to take this all in, I wasn't sure when the herd would appear, all I know is, for the first time ever I was actually scared.

I wanted more than anything to leave, but one thing I knew for sure, I wasn't leaving him.

I wrapped my arms around him, holding his torso tightly. His hands found their way to my hair, holding my head gently against his chest.

"I trust you." I spoke.

"Good, I trust you too. Always."

He pulled away from the hug, grabbing my hand and leading me back to the group.

"I'm prepared to convince my people to leave. There's just one issue."

10k squeezed my hand, urging me not to speak.

"My father has people at the hospital, they don't know about this."

"So we'll convince him to leave." Warren spoke,

"It won't be easy." She responded.

"We can handle it." Doc added.

"Alright. Give me ten minutes and I'll have them ready."

She walked away to convince her brother and the others. Of course we would go our separate ways in the end. Our group was just prone to getting ourselves into shit.

Me and 10k sat together on a log. Cassandra was leaned against a tree, barfing. Gross.
I can only wonder what's wrong with her.

Mack came up to us,
"She's not doing so good."

We looked over to her, her back was facing us.
She had on my boyfriend's jacket. Only now had I noticed. What the fuck?

"10k? Where did she get that?"

Mack mouthed a quiet sorry to him. While walking away, back to his own girlfriend Addi and the sick girl, Cassandra.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know it was yours."
Doc took the fall. I knew damn well doc didn't actually give it to her, but I applauded his bravery to take the fall for 10k.

I let it go. "Whatever."