Part 25: Connect

We arrived to a long road, where the two connected, there was our truck and everyone was there.
Murphy, Doc, Warren, and Cassandra.

"You ready?" 10k asks,

"Yeah guess so."

He helps me out of the vehicle by putting my arm over his shoulder allowing me to hop along to the other side.

"Holy shit! KID! Y/N" Doc yells, "You're alive."
He runs up to us and forces us all into a group hug.

"Of course we are Doc." I tease,
"Do you even know us?"
He laughs just happy to see us.

"Warren." I start,

10k moves away from me, allowing me to stand in my own two feet. I tried my best to keep the weight to one side because the pain wasn't extremely unbearable.

"You scared the shit out of me y/n. You ever pull something like that again and I'll hurt you myself."
She warned.

"Got it, sorry."

"Hello Murphy." I snicker, "Cassandra."
I address her as well.

"Hey y/n, where's the furry guy?" Doc asks,

I take a deep breath, considering I ran away. Doc deserved that much, knowing.
"He didn't make it, well I didn't see him go down but yeah, I can only guess."

"Aww I'm so sorry to hear about that, but hey miracles can happen!" He stays optimistic, that's just how doc has always been. Looking on the bright side, he's a glass half full type of guy.

"So what's the plan?" I ask warren,

"Head as far out as we can, stop at night. Same as usual, day by day. Let's go!"

Me and 10k hop in the back, I pull myself up and 10k is at my side. Always wanting to help.

He sits besides me and I snuggle into him,
finding comfort in his warmth.
We hold hands under a blanket.

It was only us in the back.
I smirk, slightly giggling.

"Hey Tommy." I whisper,

"Yeah?"

"There's something else I could do under this blanket right now, besides holding your hand."
"We're alone." I smile.

"Do what?" He asks, genuinely confused.
He's a lot more innocent than I thought.

"Nevermind, I'll save it for later."
I lean my head back on his shoulder.