Chapter 33: Uneventful Encounter

Y/N held the green baby in his arms. He poked the baby's nose.

"Boop."

The baby laughed. It tried to grab onto Y/N's finger with its tiny fingers.

Y/N sighed.

"Why doesn't anything go the way I want it to. Now I have to take care of a child. I couldn't even take care of a pet!"

Y/N turned his face to Whitesnake.

"This is all your fault, you know that?"

He didn't respond.

"Ugh. How disappointing."
____________________________
A few minutes ago...

Y/N pulled the orb out from the base of the tree. He tried to break it open with his fingernails. Whitesnake stopped him.

"I suggest you don't do that. The baby will emerge from the orb when it is ready."

"When will it be ready? I'm so close to further evolution. All these sacrifices... I'm almost there! Why can't I just break this ball open!"

"Don't try it."

"You underestimate my power!"

He took a sharp fragment of stone from the floor. Y/N stabbed the ball with all his strength.

But it did nothing. Not even a hole was made. But it did wake up the green baby.

The green baby twisted it's head, revealing one of its red eyes to Y/N.

For some reason, the orb started to feel heavier.

"What the?"

His shoes got roomier. His clothing felt baggy. Soon he was barely an inch above the ground.

"Wha-What the hell?"

The baby crawled out of the orb that contained it.

"Goo goo ga ga za wurldo."

"Wait, does this mean...

That baby has a stand?!"

Y/N dashed to the right. A giant green arm landed on the place Y/N stood.

"I warned you, didn't I."

Whitesnake was standing behind Y/N, also shrunk by the baby.

"Say the fourteen phrases. It may calm it down."

"Fine!"

Y/N rolled away from another hand trying to grab at him.

"Spiral Staircase

Rhinoceros Beetle

Desolation Row

Fig Tart

Rhinoceros Beetle

Via dolorosa

Rhinoceros Beetle

Singularity Point

Giotto

Angel

Hydrangea