Chapter 11: Go shopping

After Ren Qinglin finished speaking, his eyelashes trembled lightly, as if a little nervous.

It's alright to be nervous, just like talking to a foreigner when you first learn English, ...Jian Ran can understand.

To be honest, Ren Qinglin said these few daily Cantonese sentences quite well. They sounded natural, and he didn't sound awkward.

"Yes, you can," Jian Ran agreed with Ren Qinglin's linguistic talents, "You are much better than Xiaogou."

Ren Qing was quiet, and the topic changed: "Senior, why are you called Jian Ran?"

Jian Ran was inexplicable, "Huh?"

Ren Qinglin smiled, "Senior should be called 'simply' it's more appropriate."

???

Jian Ran retorted: "Why don't you call yourself 'Nintendo'? I think it suits you well."

Ren Qinglin: "..."

          There is no Cantonese club in the university, and Ren Qinglin finally reported to the basketball club.

Jian Ran was a little surprised: "You also play basketball?"

Everyone said that Ren Qinglin is a handsome Japanese guy, so he should play baseball.

Ren Qinglin raised his eyebrows: "Can we play?"

"Let's make an appointment next time?"

"OK," Ren Qinglin said, "I will wait for the senior to play with me."

It rained again in Beijing, and the weather completely cooled down.

The Mid-Autumn Festival is about to come, and Shen Zixiao, who lives in the local area, is going home for the festival. Ji Yuanxi has made an appointment to go to Qinhuangdao with his girlfriend. Ke Yan will spend three days in the library, but Jian Ran has no plans yet.

Shen Zixiao invited Jian Ran to his house for the holidays: "Anyway, you have no place to go, come to my house and join in the fun."

Jian Ran has nothing to say: "Okay, I'll talk to my mother later."

Jian Ran hadn't found his mother yet, so his mother took the initiative to call him.

Mother Jian: "Of course, don't go home during the Mid-Autumn Festival, go to Ren's house."

"I didn't plan to go home. I only had three days off. The time was too late..." Jian Ran suddenly stopped in the middle of speaking, and it took a long time to react, "Huh? What are you talking about???"

Mother Jane repeated it heartily: "Go to Ren Qinglin's house during the Mid-Autumn Festival. I have already greeted his parents."

"..."

Jian Ran was standing on the balcony holding his phone, hair messed up by the autumn wind.

"Ran Ran?" Mother Jian asked on the other end of the phone, "Ran Ran are you still there?"

Jian Ran wrapped his little jacket tightly, barely retrieving his voice: "Why..."

"It's been over a month since you and Ren Qinglin got the certificate. You still haven't met his parents. It's almost time to visit Ren's house."

Jian Ran pictured himself going to Ren's for a "visit".

—oxygen inhalation.jpg

Jian Ran was furious and asked, "After receiving the certificate, I will see the parents. Then do we have to hold hands when the wedding is held?! Do we have to kiss on the first anniversary of the wedding? Isn't it a business marriage? Mom, are you kidding me!"