I feel like a loser!

Dev Khurrana

I held her tightly not wanting to let her go at any cost.

"Please don't go." I said while my head was buried in the crook of her neck.

"Dev... calm down first." She said rubbing my back.

"I don't want to listen to anything except that you are not going to leave me again!" I said cupping her face in my palms.

"After whatever I tell you there is a 90% chance that it will be you who leaves me." She said with a humourless chuckle.

"I won't." I said.

That's not possible!

"I want you to promise me something." She said caressing my cheek and I just nodded.

"You would listen to me completely. And, If you don't trust me on it Dev then please walk out of the door without saying anything that could hurt me." She said pointing towards the door.

"Do you think that I would think of hurting you even in my dreams?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Whatever happened with me was something you would never even see in your bad dream. And, whoever did it to me was someone who is really important to you. I know you wouldn't trust me but you were so persuasive on listening to this that I have no option but to tell you what happened." She said and made me sit on the edge of the bed.

"I never wanted to tell you this because this is going to hurt you real bad, Dev." She said holding my hand and entwining our fingers.

I just sat there looking at our entwined fingers and kissing the back of her hand.
"Whatever it is, I've promised to be with you till the end and I don't break promises." I said.

"The day you recieved the letter— she started but I interrupted her.

"Wait! I never recieved a letter. I just got a message from your number saying you wanted to leave me because you felt trapped. That's it!" I said confused.

She looked at me frowning.
"Leave it. I was told that a letter would be given to you but they may have made changes." She said.

"I was been kidnapped." She continued and I looked at her wide eyed.

"So, you did not runaway?" I asked pulling her more to me and she nodded her head in negative.

"Then the divorce papers? The message? Everything is so confusing!" I said frowning.

What the hell did actually happen?

"Out of the 2 years, 1 year I was in russia and I told you about that. But, I wasn't there because I wanted to go. The person who kidnapped me had roots in human trafficking." She said and I looked at her shocked.

"What?" I yelled.

She was trying so hard to control her feelings, I could see it.

I side hugged her and she continued while playing with my hand
"I was been sold to some russian group. But thankfully they needed me because they wanted someone to work for them 24/7 without leaking any news and I did just that. All the house hold chores and just trapped inside the four walls was my life. That was where I met lisa." She said when a tear slipped out of her eye.

"Shhhh....everything's over now baby. I am there with you don't cry. I am so sorry I couldn't do anything. I am such a loser!" I said rubbing her back while she cried.

I am one pathetic husband!

"Suddenly one day a guy from the group started forcing himself on Lisa. I obviously had to save her I couldn't just watch her getting destroyed. The whole year I was just a corpse not wanting to get out of the hell because I had nowhere to go. But, that day because of Lisa I decided I would take her out of it. She didn't deserve it." She said holding me tightly and I was just rubbing her back and kissed her forhead.

And here, everyone was busy abusing her while she was away.

"I ran out from there with lisa but they had our passports. I had no option but to work somewhere so that I had enough money to get my passport." She said and her grip tightened.

Something worse is on the way!

"I started working for a strip club. I know now you will be ashamed of the fact that I am your wife but Dev— She started but I shut her up with my lips on hers.

Telling her that,
I was proud of her!

Not everyone has the honours of having a wife like her.
I kissed her gently and I could feel her crying through out the kiss.

I want to take your pain away!

She broke the kiss and I said
"If anything, I am proud that you are my wife. I don't care if you've worked for a strip club. You did what was needed and I am soo soo proud that you brought lisa out of it." I said kissing her temple.

"Well, after that I met a rich man in the strip club and told him about my passport problem. He helped me with the passports & visa's. I am soo thankful to that man." She said wiping her tears.

I feel like a loser!

" I contacted Lisa's parents but they denied the fact that they even had a daughter. Because she was with the russian gang for a year. And I brought her to India." She said.

"But the worst happened when I called my parents." She said and buried her face in the crook of my neck.

I just stroked her hair trying to soothe her.

I can't even imagine what would've she gone through!
That too alone.

I hate myself right now!

"They said they didn't want to be associated with someone who did not care about their dignity and ran away." She said sobbing.

"Mera baccha.... see everything is fine now. You don't people who don't actually value you." I said rubbing her back.

"Dev...nothing is fine! Because the person is still out there threatning me to stay away from you! I can't live like this all my life. I'm fed up of this." She said moving away.

"I'm fed up of lying to you about my feelings. I'm fed up of pushing you away when I always want you close to me. I'm just fed up of living as a Tandon when I'm a Khurrana." She said frustrated.

Threatning?

"Someone's threatning you?" I asked and she nodded in positive.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"You won't believe me." She said and I pulled her to me.

"Why would I not? Are you serious? I will believe you on anythi— I started but she cut me off saying.

"It is your mother."

I looked at her shocked. All the colour from my face drained.

This can't be!

This has to be some kind of joke, right!

"You're joking?" I asked her nervously.

"I'm sorry but I'm not. It is your turn to choose between your mom & your wife." She said and I stood up stumbling behind.

That's not possible!

My mom can't do it?

Walking backwards I couldn't hear anything that Anushka was saying.
Only her words were echoing in my ears

It was your mom.