My adorable wife...!

Dev Khurrana

I was going to ring the doorbell when I saw that the door was open.
I opened the door and started calling for Anushka.
"Anushka!" I yelled.

Old habits die hard!

Then my gaze fell on the couch where everyone was seated.
Jay, Karan, Rhea.

"Don't start yelling my name." Anushka yelled irritated from the kitchen, I guess.

I just chuckled at her.
"Bhai." Rhea lunged at me throwing her arms around me.

"Oooffff..! Calm down, You're heavy." I said encircling my arms around her and laughed.

"Shut up!" She said smacking my shoulder.

"Have you talked to mom?" She asked worried.

"Yeah. I told her not to return from brazil until this matter is a bit off the media attention. They'll irritate her too." I said and we walked towards the couch.

"She said that the stocks of her company have started falling drastically because of your decision and that there was no need of taking up this case." She said rolling her eyes.

"I can't handle her right now. I have a lot of things at my plate. Kunal is being taken in custody and also the media is released his name. So, it is getting too difficult now." I said sighing.

"Everything will be fine, don't worry." Jay said patting my shoulder and I just smiled at him.

"Yaar, It was soo difficult to not enter your office today. I am used to dropping by your place everyday and then hearing your curses." Karan said laughing to which Jay & Rhea also laughed.

I was continuously looking towards the kitchen for Anushka to come out.
"I'll just change & be back." I said and Karan butted in saying

"Make sure you're going to change in your room. Not in the kitchen."

I just glared at him & walked away.
Am I that predictable?

I entered the kitchen and Anushka was doing something in the refrigirator.

I just put my arm around her waist from behind and pulled her away from the refrigirator. She was going to scream so I used my other hand to cover her mouth from behind.

I turned her around and closed the refrigirator door.
She stood there glaring at me and gestured towards my hand that was on her mouth.

"Why did you scare me?" She said breathing eratically.

I walked towards her and she moved backwards while her back did hit the fridge.
I kept one palm of mine on the refrigirator and she narrowed her eyes at me.
"What are you up to?" She asked trying to push me.

Failed attempts..!

"Do you really think you can push me? I am way too stronger." I whispered in her ear.

"How was your press conference?" She asked playing with my tie.

"Ahhh..! Horrible." I said rolling my eyes.

"As usual they asked shitty questions and I lost my calm." I said sighing.

"I expected that. But fuck it. You concentrate on your case. Don't let them get to you." She said and smiled.

How come her smile is the most beautiful thing I've ever laid my eyes on?

"I am trying." I said.