By hook or by crook..

Anushka Tandon

I sat on the couch with a sulky face holding my knees close to my chest.

He left..!

Gosh! Woman you're behaving as if he left you forever..!
My conscience mocked.

I know nothing is going to be the same now..!

I won't get to see him smiling at me like I am the most beautiful thing he is ever seen.

I won't have someone to tease me, irritate me now!

Why did he have to get me addicted to him?

Asshole..!

Who will start yelling my name after entering the house now?

My chain of thoughts broke when my phone rang.

Karan

"Hello." I said still in the same sulky tone.

"Aww.. you're wife is still sulking." Karan said to someone else. Obviously to Dev.

There was some shuffling noise and then Karan said
"I wanted to talk to you about the wedding preparations. Now that the case is over."

"Yeah! Go ahead." I said.

"Call her at my office for a meeting." I heard Dev whispering in the background and it instantly bought a smile to my face.

"Did you hear him? We'll meet at his office. I'll inform you about the time after talking to Rhea." He said and hung up.

Smiling to myself I kept the phone aside.

He's made me crazy!

But there was this one thing that kept me eating from inside.

I don't know how much ever Dev tried to convince me, I know the road of us is not going to be that easy.

Amruta Khurrana!

A living nightmare for me.

Just her name and all the memories come rushing back in!

Flashback

I was just working on my project which I had to submit by tomorrow when mom a.k.a my mother-in-law entered my room.
"Anushka what are you doing?" She asked taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

"Whatever you're doing is not important enough. I wanted to have a talk with you." She said waving it off.

This woman!

She infuritates me to no extent!

"Yess.. mom. Go ahead." I said shutting my laptop.

"When are you planning on leaving my son?" She asked and I looked at her baffled.

"Why would I leave him?" I asked confused.

"Darling, a low life like you can never be worth my son. You're father's business is flourished because of Khurrana's. I never wanted to you to get married to him if it was not his grandfather's wish you would have not even put a step in this house!" She said with a sickeningly sweet smile.

And I wanted to just tell her to fuck off but bit back my tongue.

Control Anushka!
Dev wouldn't like it..!

"I am warning you Anushka... Don't mess with me. If you don't leave him you will have to face serious consequences!" She said her eyes furious this time.