Playing with fire!

Dev Khurrana

I entered the conference room after attending a call and the scene before me was enough to boil my blood.

Karan & Rhea were sitting on the opposite side of Anushka and whoever the stupid guy was.

They both were discussing something and the guy very casually placed his arm behind Anushka's chair touching her shoulder.

Don't be jealous..!
It's normal!

Yeah! Absolutely normal!

Trying to control myself I started walking towards my chair when I saw him leaning more towards her.

This pervert..!

I went towards Anushka's chair and removing his arm from her chair I pulled her chair with me.

Everyone looked at me shocked but then Karan quickly smirked looking at my direction.
I was holding Anushka's chair from behind while pushing it forward.

"Dev! What's wrong?" She yelled.

I placed her chair beside mine and took my seat.
"You can continue now." I said giving her a smile.

While she just narrowed her eyes at me.
"Rahul is on the other end of the table. How are we supposed to work?" She asked frowning.

"You guys can talk from a distance too." I said glaring at the Rahul guy.

"Guysss! Let's not waste time." Karan said butching in.

They started their discussion about all the wedding functions themes and stuff and I wasn't obviously paying attention to anything but my wife.

Such a simp..!

When Rhea said nervously.
"Anu.. I need to tell you something."

"Yeah! Go ahead." She said.

"Dadi cannot travel to any destination we plan for the wedding. So, I wanted to actually plan our wedding in our native place's house." Rhea said.

"Okay. That would be great but the place is kind of small. The house can only fit your family. So, what about others?" Anushka asked tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

For a second her eyes flicked towards me and she just looked away blushing.

What? Blushing?
I didn't even do anything.

"We'll manage them in a nearby hotel or something. The lawn is big enough for functions we just need to think about their accomodation." Karan said and Anushka nodded.

"Okay. I'll look into the accomodations. But we will have to visit the house once before starting the preparations." Anushka said.

"That'll be great. This weekend will be fine? Dev bhai?" Rhea asked looking at me and I looked at her frowning.

"However it suits you. I am fine with anything." I said to her again focusing on Anushka.

I swear!
I need mental help..!

I was busy looking at her when the conference room door opened and there stood a smiling Isha.

Isha Khanna.
My ex-fiance.

She walked towards me and I stood up from my chair with a small smile.

She engulfed me in a tight hug and I encircled my arms around her with a smile.