Chapter thirty-one

"I'll call you later Baris." She says before he has the chance to ask her if she needs his help.

"If I interrupt I can just leave." Kirac says.

"No, no need. Come on in. Mom is with some friends but she'll be back soon." Dicle says and steps aside to let him in. It's like he was trained, he immediately removed his shoes and put on the slippers she offered him. She wanted to smile but she kept it to herself.

"Thank you. I don't know if you like daisies but they reminded me of you so." He says and offers her the flowers.

"I do. Thank you." She says and she puts them over the dining table. "Sit wherever you feel comfortable."

"You are not asking me how I found out..." he sits on the big couch.

"Feris gave you the address, I don't need to ask." She says and sits across from him.

"Yeah... She kinda threatened me before she did that." He says and Dicle smiles.

"Sounds like my Feris."

"I'm so glad that you have people that care about you around you Dicle." He says with full honesty.

"Can I get you something to drink?" She says trying to change the subject for now.

"Just some water if you can." She goes to the kitchen and some moments later her phone rings.

"Can you check it? It may be important." She tells him without coming out of the kitchen.

"It's a teddy bear?" He says in the form of question.

Dicle comes out with a glass of water and picks her phone up as soon as her hand is free. "Sorry baby, my father is here." She says. "No everything is fine. Yes I will. Bye." She closes the phone.

"Sorry about that." She says.

"So an actor huh? Not that Baris doesn't seem like a great guy." Kirac says not knowing how to speak with his daughter.

"I know firsthand how actors can be and trust he's nothing like them." Dicle says and tangles her fingers together.

"One thing I know for sure is that your instinct is almost flawless, professionally speaking that is." He adds.

Silence falls between them after that.

"What are you really doing here? Cause apparently you've been following my career even from afar. There's no way of you not knowing that I have my own agency now, so what's your endgame?" she asks after gathering all her courage.

"Can I have five interrupted minutes? That's all the time I need from you. Then you can kick me out," he stops for a moment "at least after that I will be able to say that my conscious is partially clean." Kirac looks at her and she simply nods.

"Ok, so when I left you I was young and stupid. I loved your mother so much but when she told me she was pregnant... I don't know what happened Dicle. I tried to stay believe me. I wanted to but all this panic I was feeling for years boiled up and one day I just had to go away." He stops to take a deep breath and Dicle feels her eyes filling with tears.

"At first I stayed away but then I wanted to know that you were ok. So I tried to reach out to Leyla but she was rightfully mad. I'll spare you the details because that's your parents issue and not yours, but at one point she agreed to inform me about you as long as I would be away 'cause her kid doesn't deserve a father like me' were her exact words." He lets out a sad chuckle.