Chapter nine

"Who. Is. He." He repeats the question since Dicle doesn't answer him. A hot minute passes and Dicle breaks into a hysterical laugh. She makes the mistake to look into his eyes and his stare makes her laugh even harder.

"You did not just got jealous over..." she laughs again. "Oh Baris." She says and ducks her head to avoid his hands and get away from his 'jail'.

Her body touches his in her attempt to escape him but she tries to ignore the feeling. "First of all," she says and she sits on the chair in front of his makeup mirror "you don't get to ask that question." She says and spins around with the chair. Her inner self is jumping like a happy child now but she hides it.

Baris turns around to look at her. "And second?" he practically growls now. He walks towards her and kneels in front of her, steadying her by her knees.

She wanted to tease him more but either his eyes or their proximity changed her mind "He's a friend. I am the godmother of his daughter. He's like the father I never had." She didn't mean to say the last part but it was true. Serkan had been her friend, her brother, her father or anything else she needed in this life. 

His eyes are dropping. She can feel the change in his attitude. "So you are just like me..." he whispers. She was about to ask what he meant but the knock on the door stopped her. Baris gets up and lets the makeup and hair crew in while Dicle sits on the couch filming him with different instagram filters to post later.

It was a beautiful sunset, with the prettiest pink and orange colors. Dicle couldn't stop staring at it or taking pictures. She hears footsteps and she turns around to find Baris there.

"If you came for photos it's the perfect time." Dicle says.

"Nah, I already have the perfect click." He responds. "Listen, I don't have much time since it's a five minutes break but... I'm sorry. You were right, it was not my place to act all jealous."

"I didn't have the right to act jealous as well so that makes us even I guess." She says and walks to him. "And my super smart brain hasn't come up with anything yet so..." He laughs but he stays silent.

"Shall we go back to the others? We have a long night ahead of us." She says and starts walking.

"Why are you here Dicle?" Baris asks catching her off guard. "You could be at your hotel room now, relaxing but you are here."

"Cause I want to be perfect in whatever I do. I came here to help you Baris. To boost your career to the fullest because this movie is your big break. And I intent to take full advantage of every moment." She's getting closer to him and pulls his already open shirt, "Plus the view isn't bad either..." She says and walks away.

Dicle is sitting next to the director, while Baris, Melissa and Asli are shooting a really emotional scene a few meters away. She checks her phone cause it kept buzzing from the comments under her photos or stories. Many of the fans were asking for a live so she pins that in her mind for the next few days. She answers to some reporters as well so they can keep the buzz going.

She sees that Baris has reposted her stories and the stories of his colleagues but what stops her scrolling was his last story.

The colors of this magnificent sunset on full display, like a painting and then her shadow in the middle. She was sure that the rest of the people wouldn't recognize her since her characteristic curly hair was up in a bun, but she knew it was her. And that was enough.

And then see saw the caption and her jaw dropped to the floor. "She's in love with the sky but I like this view way better."  

For the rest of the night her phone kept ringing and buzzing to the point she had to shut it down till the next day. She left the shooting earlier than the rest because she needed to think. Taking down the story wasn't an option cause by now his fans and media had already posted it and even edit it to see a clearer version of the woman a.k.a her.

It is time for damage control and it had to be done now. She's so desperate she calls Feris early in the morning for ideas. So the lunch they were planning on having today turned to brunch.

"Ok we can't say that is a specific girl cause that will raise more questions." Feris says and straps baby Arya on her stroller.

"We can't say that it's a random girl because of the caption." Dicle says "I will kill him Feris. The moment I see him he's a dead man." Arya looks at her godmother stunned cause Dicle has always been so sweet when Arya was around.

"Is my Dicle ok?" She turns to her mom to find reassurance.

"She will be soon my love, right Dicle?" Feris says.

"Yes love of my life. Your Dicle is having an issue right now that she will solve soon." She says with her normal voice. "If I kill him he won't be able to cause me more problems right?" She whispers to her friend and Feris laughs.

"Ok we will do this. He will make a statement saying that he wishes his personal life to remain personal. That last night's story was something that wasn't meant for publishing to his followers and that he wants them to give him time to share the news when he is ready." Feris says and Dicle remembers all the reason why she is the best at her job.

"That makes him relevant and at the same time we keep the focus on the movie. That's perfect Feris." She says and she texts Baris to post a story saying those things after he finishes the set he has today.   

Later that day Dicle is at Feris and Serkan's house playing with Arya on the house floor with Mills sleeping next to them.

"Are you staying here tonight kid?" Serkan says as he brings her a glass of wine.

"I'm just trying to be late. I don't want to see him today." She responds and hands Arya another plastic cube for her tower.

"This is your home, you know that, but you also know that you are an adult and not Arya that hides her cubes behind the couch and pretends she doesn't see them." Dicle laughs and kisses the kid's head softly.

"Why don't you take your wife and go out for a walk? I'll stay with her till you return." Dicle offers and she doesn't have to say it twice. Ten minutes later they are out of the door thanking her for the free time she offered them.

She starts a kids movie on Netflix that Arya herself chose (after her initial shock) and now they are sitting comfortably watching a bear chasing some purple thingies. Arya is almost asleep when the door rings and Dicle runs to open it so the kid won't wake up. She thought that they had forgotten something and came back to get it.

"What did you for... Baris?" She says stunned. "What? How did you find me?"

"You mentioned to the receptionist where you will be if something happened..." He says and he shows her a text on his phone. "You need to see this before I post it." He says again.

"My Dicle?" Arya says with a sleepy voice.

"I'm here my love. Sleep." But she can already hear Arya's baby steps approaching them.

Baris sees a short human being with blond bouncy curls and a judgy look in her eyes coming towards them. "Who are you?" She asks and takes Dicle's pinky finger in her fist.