16 ~ Songs He Sings

Niall (your pov) ~ "Sunshine on my Shoulders" by John Denver

One of your favorite places the boys visited while on tour was Boston. They would perform at Gillette stadium, but stay in the heart of the city. It was beautiful in the spring, with rows and rows of tulips lining the walkways, and the trees flowering. The boys had a few days off, and instead of flying back home, you and Niall would spend the next three days in Boston. 

It was one of the nicer days since you've been here, with the sun shining instead of overcast clouds. You and Niall decided to have a picnic at the public garden by the pond. You packed a bag full of left over pizza from one of the oldest pizzerias in the city, and brought Basil the bodyguard along. Once you arrived, Niall lied the blanket down and took his guitar out of it's case. He helped you sit down and get comfortable before sitting down himself.

He started playing a few random cords while you at the cold pizza, letting Niall take a bite every few minutes. His mindless playing eventually turned into a song that you instantly recognized. "Sunshine on my Shoulders" by the great John Denver.

"Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy, sunshine in my eyes can make me cry," he sang softly. You smiled and leaned up against him. "Sunshine on the water looks so lovely, sunshine almost always makes me high," 

As he continued to strum his guitar and sing, you felt a flutter in your stomach, then another. "The baby likes your singing," you placed your hands on your stomach and felt the baby kick once more. He smiled and kissed your temple between verses.

"If I had a day that I could give you, I'd give to you the day just like today. If I had a song that I could sing for you, I'd sing a song to make you feel this way."

Zayn (your pov) ~ "Baby Mine" from the movie Dumbo

3:27 am. You groaned as you wriggled under the sheets, trying to get Jaeda to fall asleep inside you. Usually, when you were walking around, she would be calm, but you had already tried that and she was still flipping and kicking inside you. You were exhausted, and your baby girl was overly active this morning. 

"Please, Jade, mummy wants to sleep," you mumbled, started to get upset. You sat up, knowing you wouldn't be falling asleep any time soon. You sort of accepted the fact that you would have another sleepless night alone, so you wanted to have some fun and interact with Jaeda. 

"Baby mine, don't you cry. Baby mine, dry your eyes. Rest your head close to my heart, never to part, baby of mine," your baby flipped in the womb, startling you little. You smiled, and tapped on the left side of your stomach, trying to make her kick. Your singing woke her up even more. You loved to feel her moving, so you continued the song.

"Little one when you play, don't you mind what they say. Let those eyes sparkle and shine, never a tear, baby of mine. Hmmm, hmm, hmm, baby of mine. From your head to your toes, you're so sweet, goodness knows. You're so precious to me, cute as can be, baby of mine. Baby mine, baby mine."

Liam (your pov) ~ "Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra

The morning after your last New Year's Eve out drinking and partying didn't begin smoothly. At 5 in the morning, only an hour after you had gotten home, Liam emptied his stomach on the floor beside the bed, you following suit, but in the toilet, a few hours later. Then you realized you were watching Jaeda for Zayn at noon. So you woke Liam up around 10:30 so he could sober up a bit more and get some food into his stomach before there was a child to care for.

Your head was pounding as you made toast for the two of you. You carried a glass of water, the toast and beans, and some Advil to where Liam was in the lounge room. You stopped and stood in the doorway, watching him flip through a baby book you had left in between the couch cushions. He turned his head when he heard you, and patted the spot beside him. "Come here, sweetheart," he whispered, holding his hand out for you. 

When you placed the tray down on the coffee table, it made a louder noise than you had expected, and you both winced. You plopped down beside him, and he pulled you onto his lap. His arms wrapped around you and he rubbed soft circles on your back. You nuzzled your face into his neck and groaned. 

"That was such a bad idea," you said with a small laugh. 

"Fill my heart with song, and let me sing for ever more," he sang softly. It was the song you first danced to when you met and the song you first danced to as a married couple. "I'm going to sing it to our son, when he gets here."

You could feel his smile against your forehead as he placed kisses along your hairline. 

"Keep singing," you spoke softly, and he continued.

"You are all I long for, all I worship and adore."

Harry (your pov) ~ "Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon

Harry had a break from his crazy life for a few months. It was relaxing just to be able to be with him and not worry about when he was leaving, or when you would have to go home. He was relaxed, too. The past month had been spent together in your pajamas around the house, watching movies and cooking. 

"Love, get up," you heard as he shook your body gently. You turned over onto your back, groaning, and opened your eyes to see your husband leaning over you. You smiled and lifted your hand to meet his cheek. "C'mon, get up. I want to go out today, yeah?" 

You nodded, smiling as you sat up. He pulled you up and spun you around, making you laugh out loud and fall back onto the bed. He grabbed his guitar from the corner of the room; apparently, Niall had been teaching him how to play while they were on tour. He came home and played you most of their songs; not as well as Niall, but you could tell what he was playing.

He began strumming, and you stood up again. He started singing, "I’m gonna watch you shine, gonna watch you grow. Gonna paint a sign, so you’ll always know: as long as one and one is two, oo-ooh, there could never be a father, who loved his daughter more than I love you," You spun around as he sang and walked towards you, playing random cords that didn't match the song. 

You laughed and danced some more. These moments are what you missed most when he was away. The fun, carefree ones, that aren't planned but have the most meaning. Ypu loved those moments with him, and you couldn't wait to have moments like these with your daughter. 

"I believe the light that shines on you will shine on you forever, and though I can’t guarantee there’s nothing scary hiding under your bed, I’m gonna stand guard like a postcard of a golden retriever, and never leave ‘til I leave you with a sweet dream in your head."

Louis (your pov) ~ "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon

Louis had a few days off from the tour, so he flew home to spend time with you away from the public eye. He was leaving tomorrow, so you planned a lazy day at home. You had just woken up, and looking over to the clock on the bedside table, you realized it was only 9 o'clock. You flung your arm over to where Louis sleeps, expecting to hit his bare chest. But he wasn't there. 

You sat up and swung your legs over the side of the bed, and leaned down to pick up a stray shirt off the floor. He wasn't in the bathroom, so you shuffled your way into the hall. You could hear him playing the piano downstairs. You leaned against the railing and watched him at the piano from the second floor balcony. He began to sing as you made your way down the stairs. "Close your eyes, have no fear. The monster's gone, he's on the run and your mammy's here."

He turned around to look at you before continuing to play. You stood behind him and placed your hands on his shoulders. He stopped, and pulled you to sit on the bench beside him. He put your hand on top of his so your fingers lined up. He kept playing, your fingers moving with his. 

"Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boys. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boys." You smiled, and leaned your head on his shoulder. Listening to his voice and just enjoying his presence. 

"I wish you didn't have to leave," you mumbled between verses of the song. 

"Me too."