"What are you doing here Maya?" Carina asked.

"I uh, honestly I'm not entirely sure" She shrugged, both woman started slowly walking away from the hospital. "I was talking to Andy this morning and she brought up a few good points that made me think about something's... someone" Maya nervously looked up at Carina.

"Me?" Carina sighed

"Uhh yes" Maya mumbled nervously.

"Maya, I tried to comfort you, I tried to help you and be nice to you but you just threw it back at me"

They arrived at the coffee stand "Cappuccino please. Are you getting anything?" Carina asked "I didn't bring anything with me" Maya shrugged.
"Make that two please" Carina smiled at the barista.

"Thank you" Maya whispered.

"I can buy you coffee Maya" Carina laughed.

The couple made their way to a park bench under a big oak tree. "I shouldn't have acted the way I did Carina" Maya admitted "you scared me" Maya said honestly "I'm sorry"

"What did I do Maya?"

"You cared" Maya shrugged, she fiddled with her fingers trying to avoid eye contact.

"Of course I care Maya, even if we hadn't... slept together I would of cared" Carina held onto Maya hand "The way Jack spoke to you was, it was horrible, no one should be spoken to like that. Whether it's your partner, friend or boss, it's wrong"

"I guess I'm just used to be spoken to in that way, especially by men". Maya started to fiddle with Carina's rings, spinning them around.

"I don't know what you have been through, I guessed that things with your papa aren't or weren't the best"

"Did Andrew tell you?" Maya asked panicked.

"No no Maya, the night Andréa punched Jack, I took him to Grey Sloan. I asked him about you, I just guessed it was to do with your father because Andrea punched him after he mentioned him"

"Oh right" Maya sighed looking back down at her fingers.

"I don't want to hurt you Maya. I would really like if we could try and get along again?" Carina asked giving Maya a sweet smile.

"I think I would like that" Maya smiled, she held Carina's hand planting a soft kiss to the back. Carina pulled Maya in for a hug, squeezing her tight, not letting go.

"But one thing" Maya asked nervously

"Hmm?"

"You and Jo...."

"I mean I could asked that too, you and Amelia?"

"Okay that's fair" Maya shrugged

"I didn't sleep with Jo Maya, it was her idea to make you jealous" Carina said sweetly, she cupped Maya's chin with her hand "I didn't sleep with her okay? I know you slept with Amelia though and I know about all the others too"

"Oh, I think it worked.... The jealousy thing" Maya whispered trying to move her chin out of Carina's fingers but Carina pulled her back. "Well that is how I felt watching you with Amelia" Carina whispered looking between Maya lips snd eyes. "And the pool trick? Is that really your thing?" Carina asked dramatically pretending to be offended, which she was a little. Maya shook her head laughing a little, "No" she mouthed.

"I really want to kiss you Maya" Carina whispered "Do you care about the others?" Maya asked "Do you care about the others?" Carina asked her back. Maya shook her head "Honestly, I don't remember any of their names"

"Then I have no reason to be worried" The Italian smiled, she slowly pulled Maya closer to her, setting a soft kiss on her lips. Maya didn't kiss her back for a moment but she really wanted this to work so she let herself kiss back, pulling her in closer. A quiet moan escaped the Italians mouth "We should stop" Carina giggled pulling away.

"Why?" Maya asked confused

"Because we're in the middle of a public park in the middle of the day.... but Maya, I would really like to see you tonight? If you're free?"

"Can we keep this between us for now? You can come over to my place, we can order some food and watch a movie?" Maya suggested.

"I would very much like that, I have to go back to work now but I look forward to seeing you tonight" Carina smiled, she held onto Maya's hand giving it a little squeeze before standing up.

"Can I walk you back to the hospital?" Maya asked nervously as she stood up next to her.

"Of course you can bambina" Carina held onto Maya's hand as they walked back up through the park.

"You look so fucking sexy right now" Carina mumbled so only Maya could hear.

Maya cheeks filled with redness, she tried to hide it in the brunette's arm. "Stop it" she whined. "I can't deny you look so good in gym clothes"

"You don't look too bad yourself, those pink scrubs, I like how tight they are" Maya winked grabbing the Italians hand tightly.

The pair were almost at the hospital entrance,

"Carina, can I ask you something?"

"Absolutely"

"That day in my office, when I argued with Jack and you came in to see me. Before you left, what did you say to me? It was in Italian so I have no idea" the blonde asked nervously laughing.

Carina pulled Maya to the side of the hospital to an area the public aren't allowed to go. She held her waist and pushed her back against a tree. "Baciami" Carina smiled.

"Yeah that word" Maya laughed staring at Carina's lips. Carina slowly leaned down to Maya's lips "Kiss me" she whispered. Maya quickly pulled the Italian into her lips, the blonde tried to deepen the kiss but the Italian pulled away. "I have to get back to work bambina" she said breathlessly "But I will see you tonight, 7pm" Carina winked before walking away leaving the fire Captain leaning against the tree.

A/N

So there you go, happy Marina... but for how long 🤔

I've suddenly been really inspired by this story, I've prewritten another three chapters so keep you're eyes peeled 👀 for more regular uploads.

Sorry if you're waiting for the Stefanielle update! I'm getting there just need to finish writing the next chapter! ✌️🙏