Be Prepared

I'm now 16 weeks pregnant. Of course, our family knows that I'm pregnant. My mother and Katherine were so dramatic of course. I'm now showing but my belly is bigger than it should be. Michael is so concerned and he insisted that we go to a doctor. We're now at the car. We're sitting in the back while our driver drives us to the clinic. We arrive there and enter.

"Hello, Mr and Mrs Jackson.", the doctor says coming.

We read the badge on his shirt.

"Hello, doctor Turner.", we say.

I do ultrasound. Michael watches the screen and smiles. I can't see the screen since I can't move and it's next to me. I'm now done. Michael's smile didn't fade away. We go back to the car.

"What is it?", I ask.

"It's twins. A boy and a girl.", he screams smiling.

"Oh my god!", I scream.

"Can you believe it?!", he asks smiling.

I cry happy tears and Michael kisses me sweetly.

"I have a good idea.", he says.

"Yes?", I ask.

"Since you wanted a boy and I wanted a girl, I'll name the girl's first name and the boy's middle name. You'll name the boy's first name and the girl's last name.", he says.

"Good idea. We still have plenty of time to choose.", I say smiling.

"Well, yeah. I'm so excited to meet them.", he says smiling.

"Me too!", I say smiling. "We need to prepare the rooms for them!"

We're both so excited.

"Yeah!", he says.

20 weeks later...

I'm now 36 weeks pregnant. I'll give birth in four weeks. I'm a but scared but still so happy and excited. I have now a huge baby bump and I'm exploding. It's also kind of a pain since the breast also grow and leak. Michael is enjoying it though. Today we invited the family to see the babies' rooms. I am now in front of my closet deciding what to wear that doesn't make me look so fat. Michael is already dressed in a purple button up shirt, black pants, black loafers and a black fedora. I wear a gray tied t-shirt, a black pencil skirt and white loafers. I spray some perfume and look at myself in the mirror. Michael stands behind me and touches my stomach. He rests his chin on my shoulder and we look at each other in the mirror.

"You look amazing.", he says.

"Thank you. You too.", I say and smile.

He feels on my stomach and the babies are kicking. I gasp. He lifts up my shirt and kisses it.

"I love you.", he whispers to my stomach.

He always talks to the babies. Well, we do. We're so excited to meet them. He covers my stomach back again and kisses me.

"I love you.", he says.

"I love you too.", I say and hug him.

He hugs me back and kisses my head. Suddenly the door gets open. We pull off. I look there and see Janet with Marlon.

"Hey!", they say.

"Hi.", we say.

"Oh my god. The babies got bigger!", Janet says and runs to me giving me a weird hug.

I hug her back and then hug Marlon.

"How are you doing and the babies?", he asks.

"We're fine thanks.", I say smiling. "Is everybody downstairs?"

"Yes. Mother, Joseph, Rebbie, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, LaToya, Randy, Mary and James.", he says.

"Okay. We're going downstairs now.", I say.

We all go downstairs and everybody's jaw drops when they see how big my stomach got.

"Hello.", I say awkwardly.

My parents and Katherine run to me hugging me weirdly. I hug them back and hug the others.

"What names did you decide?", Jermaine asks.

"We're still thinking.", I say.

"You should name the boy Jermaine Jr II.", he says and laughs softly.

Me and Michael laugh.

"Well, let's show you their rooms.", I say.

First we go the baby boy's room. It's all blue and gray themed. There's a white crib, a plant, a giraffe lamp, a gray armchair and a blue small table.

"It's amazing.", LaToya says.

"Well, there's the baby girl's room also.", Michael says.

We go to the other room which is right next to this room. The room is all pink and white themed. It has a white crib, sooo many flowers, a butterfly chandelier, a pink armchair and a white small table.

"They're wonderful.", my mother says.

"Thanks. Actually Joyce chose the boy's room and I chose the girl's room.", Michael says and smiles.

"She always wanted a boy.", my father says and chuckles.

I giggle. We all go back downstairs. We have lunch together and play card games. It's now getting late. We say our goodbyes and they leave. I go upstairs to the bedroom. I wear a pink nightgown and sit in the bed. Michael comes and takes his clothes off. He wears black sweatpants and sits next to me. I feel my legs are hurting and my back is aching. I moan in pain.

"What's going on?", Michael asks worried.

"My back legs and back are aching.", I moan.

"I'll get you grapes. It'll help you.", he says.

"I'll go get it.", I say.

"No.", he says and gets up.

He goes downstairs and comes a few minutes later with a tray of grapes and water.

"Thank you.", I say.

"No need.", he says and give me a peck on the lips.

I eat some grapes. I try changing my sleeping position but I'm too heavy. Michael holds my back and puts a pillow under it.

"Thank you.", I say.

"Why are you so sad?", he asks.

"Because I look terrible. I'm fat.", I say.

"You look beautiful.", he says. "And sexy."

"I don't feel sexy anymore. Or beautiful.", I say and sigh.

"I can make you feel sexy.", he says.