Exaggeration

A couple of months had passed. Me and Michael are having a good life together. Both of us refused to go to campus. We live together but we haven't had our Monday date for two weeks since we have so many exams and assignments. Michael always gives me so much love and support. I also give him love and support. Our grades are okay. Only one thing isn't that great. My teacher is crushing on me and I told Michael because I need to be fully honest with him. So he always picks me up from college and makes a scene. It's kind of cute though that he's jealous. The teacher is not even young. He's so annoying and old. So there's nothing good about him to me. Today Michael insisted to do our Monday date though I told him that he needs to study and we can just delay it. He still wanted to do it and we even decided that it'll be prom themed. Of course he's now preparing himself in the guests' room. I go out of the bathroom in my towel wrapped around me and go to the walk-in-closet. I decide to wear a pink off-shoulder long sleeved ball gown with flowers all over it and white sparkly heels. I wear diamond earrings and a gold bracelet. I do simple makeup but do red lips. I let my brown short curly hair down. I put my signature perfume which Michael likes.

Hey, Beautiful! Open the bedroom door 😘

Michael texts.

I open the door and see Michael in a white button up shirt with a diamond on top, sparkly black pants, black ankle boots, a white blazer, black gloves and a gold belt wrapped around his waist casually (1991 with Madonna). His hair is down and he has a bouquet in his hands. He holds my hand and kisses it. Then he looks me up and down and turns me around checking me out. He bites his lip.

"Let's go, my lady.", he says.

I hold my dress up so I won't trip. He let's me go first. We go to the dancing hall together. He closes the lights and lights some candles. I check the room out and it's all ball room designed. The music is very classical. It's really amazing.

"This is my apology for cancelling two weeks. I'm sorry I've been busy.", he says.

I hold his hand with both of my hands and look him in the eyes.

"Thank you, Michael. You shouldn't have done a-", I start.

"Shh. You deserve more.", he cuts me off.

"No. I really don't, Michael.", I say.

"You do.", he says.

He holds my hand and leads me to the middle.

"Will you allow me to dance with you?", he asks.

"Yes.", I say.

He puts one hand on my waist and holds my hand with the other hand. I put one hand on his shoulder and hold hands with him with the other hand. We keep looking in each other's eyes without saying anything while we're swaying.

"We haven't had the chance to talk to each other in a while.", he says.

"Yeah. I missed you.", I say.

"I missed you too.", he says.

We get closer to each other and our bodies touch. Well, we were doing quizzes together and we realized that our love language is physical touch. My nose touches Michael's. He smiles at me.

"May I?", he asks.

"Yes.", I say.

He kisses me and I kiss him back sweetly. We keep swaying.

"What's going on with this Mr Roberts of yours?", he asks.

"Really nothing. I'm honest with you.", I say.

"I know you don't like him but can you cope with that disgusting feeling that you're in the same room with a man who wants you to cheat on your boyfriend with him?", he asks.

"This is really a disgusting feeling, Michael. But nobody chooses their teachers.", I say.

"I know this, honey but we need to talk to the principal before it gets too far.", he says. "Remember Mr King?"

"Michael! I'm sick of this. Every time you want me to talk to the principal about it you remind me of my most painful experience. You don't know how much that hurts me!", I say loudly. "I'll have to wake up early."

I get out of the ballroom and Michael runs after me. He grabs my wrist roughly and I wince in pain.

"I'll just sleep over at my parents'", I say.

"No, Joyce. This is your home.", he says.

"Okay. Well, I'll sleep in the guests' room.", I say.

He sighs.

"Sorry for ruining the amazing date. It was really great but I'm just sick of all your exaggeration.", I say.

I get my clothes from our room and run to the guests' room. I lock the door and cry remembering what Mr King did to me. I wash my makeup off and wear a green pajama shirt and green pajama pants. I set my alarm and sit in my bed trying to fall asleep.