Union

A year and a half had passed quickly. Today is our wedding! I went to the hotel with my four bridesmaids. Chloe, Harper, Sophie and Kayla. Sophie is my maid of honor. We've already had the bachelorette party and the bride shower. She had planned it perfectly. Now I just got my makeup done. I had a spa and massage right before it. I wear my white off-shoulder wedding gown with flowers stitched to it and white sparkly heels. My hair is down. I look at myself in the mirror and think of how Michael would look like. Well, the bridesmaids are in light pink a-line dresses. My parents walk in the suit. My mother looks gorgeous in a gray floral off-shoulder mid-length-sleeved a-line dress and silver heels. My father is in a white button up shirt, black pants, black Oxford shoes, a gray tie and a black blazer. He runs to me and hugs me tightly.

"I can't believe you're getting married.", he says.

"Me too.", I say and start to cry.

"Don't ruin your makeup.", he says and makes me laugh.

"Stop being a drama queen!", Sophie teases me.

My mother hugs me and I hug her back.

"We need to be at the church soon. Let's go.", she says.

We get to church. I walk with my father with our arms intertwined to the very front of the church where Michael is at the front in a white button up shirt, black pants, black loafers, a purple tie, a black suit vest and a black blazer. My father gives me away to Michael. Michael gives me a bouquet. We stand in front of the priest smiling at each other.

"We are gathered here in the presence of God, family, and friends to unite Joyce Alexandra Garcia and Michael Joseph Jackson in holy matrimony. Marriage is not an honorable estate, and is therefore not to be entered into lightly, but reverently, advisedly, soberly, and with God's blessing. Today, they will receive God's greatest gift; another person to share with, grow with, change with, be joyful with, and to stand with as one when trails and tribulations enter their lives. It is fitting, therefore, that we should on this occasion begin by asking for God's blessing on this marriage. Let us pray.", Father Reilly says.

Everybody stands up.

"Heavenly Father, we gather to celebrate your gift of love, and its presence among us. We rejoice that these two people have chosen to commit themselves to a life of loving faithfulness to one another. We praise you, Lord, for the ways you have touched our lives with loving relationships such as Joyce and Michael's, and we give thanks for the special love and friendship you have put in their hearts. Renew within us an affectionate and loving spirit. Enrich our lives with the gracious gift of your love so that we may embrace others with that same love. May our participation in this celebration of love and commitment, give to us a new joy and responsiveness to the relationships that we cherish. In your loving arms, we pray, Amen. You may all be seated.", he says.

Everybody sits back down again.

"Marriage is a joyous occasion. It is connected in our thoughts with the charm of love, the warmth of home, and with all that is pleasant, as being one of the most important events in our lives. Its sacredness and unity is the most significant and binding covenant known in human relations. Joyce and Michael, let me charge you both to remember that your future happiness is to be in mutual consideration, patience, kindness, confidence, and affection. It is the duty of each of you to find your greatest joy in the company of the other; to remember that your love pledged today must remain undivided for a lifetime.", he says.

Me and Michael keep smiling at each other.

"It is your duty, Michael Joseph Jackson, to be to Joyce Alexandra Garcia, a considerate, tender, faithful, and loving husband: to support, guide and cherish her in prosperity and trouble; to thoughtfully and carefully enlarge the place she holds in your life; to constantly show her the tokens of your affection, to shelter her from danger, and to love her with an unchangeable love.", he says.