I hear Rae call back "because that'll go over well!"

   Once I discover the company I'm looking for I am greeted by a petite woman with glasses. "Hi, how can I help you?"

  "Reservation for Lucas, Opal Lucas," I tell her as I rest my wallet on the counter in front of me.

  "Great! Just one moment." She takes my license and begins punching keys on the computer.

I glance around, finally noticing that for being 10 am, the airport is insane. I forget that you have to go through the Atlanta airport in order to go just about anywhere else.

"Here we are! I've got you down for a multiple passenger van," the woman says.

"That can't be right. There's only four of us. We don't need a van. I believe I requested a small SUV."

She clicks along her keyboard again. Her brow furrows. "It says mini van on my end."

My lack of sleep and the constant nagging of Lily has already fired me up. "Listen, if I go tell my friend that her last adventure before marriage will include a minivan, she's going to have my head on a platter. You've got to do something."

She calls over a manager. He's younger than she is and I wonder if that bothers her. Lack of sleep causes me to think of random things.

After a quick explanation from her he is now attempting some type of override. "Okay, that part is done. Now let's see what we have available."

I find myself tapping my credit card on the counter, suddenly feeling very anxious. Unable to pinpoint why I try to toss my focus back in the direction of the attendants in front of me. I listen as she starts to rattle off the vehicles they have available. Still unable to focus I simply tell her I'll take whatever the equivalent to a small SUV is.  "Please, just whatever isn't going to get me chewed out," I beg her to hurry up before this crippling feeling comes any further through my chest. I keep glancing over my shoulder waiting for the girls to join me.

  "Yes, yes ma'am," she says taking my credit card from between my thumb and forefinger.

   "Thank you," I offer her a small smile. "Sorry. I'm just running on very little sleep and feel overwhelmed."

  She nods back at me. I realize I've blown the opportunity for small talk at this point. The woman gives me a small smile as she hands me the keys and points me in the direction of the parking garage. "Thanks." I put away my wallet and palm the keys.

   "Opal!" I hear Rae call out. I lift my hand to motion them towards me since I'm already close to the exit doors.

   I watch my friends walk across the busy concourse. Each of them beautiful in their own right, walking with confidence like they owned the place. Surrounding myself with them gives me a sense of confidence that I've lacked for several years.

"Did you get the car?" Lily asks the closer she gets to me.

I dangle the rental key from my finger. "We just need to go to the first level of the garage. Space D36," I tell her looking back at the the key tag one more time.

Again, Lily leads the way with the rest of us trailing behind. I take my rolling suitcase from Rae and fall in step next to her. "Any issues?" She asks.

"None worth getting into," I assure her. "Now, let the fun begin!"

I try my best to come across as lighthearted and excited but I'm truly exhausted.

"I need coffee," I tell the group as we load the luggage into the trunk of the burnt Orange Ford Edge.

"Breakfast sounds heavenly," Lily says while climbing into the passenger seat. She actually looks like she's beginning to relax, even if it's only slightly.