.1.

"Opal! The car is here! Let's go!"

"I'm coming!" I yell. "Crazy woman," I say under my breath. I toss the now cool flatiron into my carry on and rush out of the bathroom.

"What is taking so long?" Lily asks. She's standing by the front door, arms crossed.

Lily Charles, my best friend since kindergarten, is a very impatient person. Things are to be done on her timetable and always in a cheerful manner. I'm honestly surprised we've managed to stay friends for twenty plus years with the amount of nagging she inflicts. But here we are, heading out to Atlanta for her Bachelorette weekend.

  "It's not my fault you're early for everything." Grabbing my purse and tossing my keys in before I continue. "Some of us don't rise with the sun as easily as others."

  "Since you own an Inn, I figured you would have no issues with an 8 am flight," Lily says pointedly.

  "Owning it and working it are two different things. For example," I start as I grab my already cold coffee, "if I just worked there I could've passed the buck when the water heater went out last night. Owning it means I got the call at 9 pm and had to find someone to repair it in the middle of the night. My head hit the pillow at 4, and you've been here nagging since 6."

  "Are you done whining?" Lily asks me. She's standing by the door practically tapping her foot on my hardwood floor.

  I roll my eyes. "Yes, mother. Let's go," I say ushering her out of the door of my townhouse.

  "I already text Rae, and Laura. They're just going to meet us at the gate by 7:15," she tells me as I toss my two bags into the trunk of the taxi. "Can't believe they may actually beat us there."

  "You're so uptight. Relax please. I can't handle you wanting so much control over this party weekend. You're gonna give yourself an ulcer," I instruct her.

  "Don't give me reason to want control and maybe I will," she scolds.

  'This may be the end to a beautiful friendship,' I think to myself sliding in behind the driver.

~~~~

  It takes all of the  hour and ten minute flight for me to begin to drift off. Exhaustion is quite prevalent across my face as Lily nudges me awake. "I swear I just fell asleep," I tell her, shifting in my seat to find more comfort.

   "Doesn't matter. We just landed. Perk up princess." I blatantly roll my eyes at her before looking past her at Laura. She's silently laughing while I shoot daggers at her.

Lily jumps up to grab the bag she had stowed in the overhead compartment. Before anyone else can do or say anything she's already moving towards the exit.

I continue my glare at Laura. "I wouldn't laugh too much. You're rooming with her." I wink back at her as I pull my purse onto my shoulder.

"You did not!" She snaps back at me.

"That's what happens when the Maid of Honor is put in charge of booking," I smile devilishly.

   We file out of the plane into the cold airport. "Why did you schedule such an early flight?" Rae asks as we attempt to catch up with Lily who is already half way to the luggage racks.

   "Bride's request. She wants to get the most she can out of these next four days," I tell them. "Think y'all can grab my bag while I pick up the rental?"

   Rae nods her head. "No problem. Although I'm sure Lily is gonna ask where you are."

   "Tell her I'm taking a nap." With a shrug of my shoulders I take off towards the rental section of the airport.