"Yeah, that's me." I tried, "I just want to talk to you, no probing questions, just talk."

It was silent and I looked up to see Phoenix still set in his hard frown.

"Can I come in? Please?"

"You're not one of them, are you?"

"One of them?" I wondered.

"The liars. They lie and then come and do all kinds of things to me."

I exhaled, feeling sorrow creep up on me. "I'm not. I understand though, I've felt like this before. All my life, I was treated badly and people constantly hurt me, but I promise you, I will not."

Silence.

Shuffling.

Sniffles.

I waited, my breathing coming out in a small rhythm as I waited for a response.

The click of a lock.

More shuffling.

"Okay, you can come in."

I sighed in relief, grabbing hold of the handle.

"But just you, not the Alpha. He has to go away."

'Nova...' Phoenix warned.

I chewed my lip and his eyes darkened as he stared down at me. I'll be fine. I trust her. So trust me.

He growled, displeased with my answer. He was fighting with his desirable need to keep me safe and out of harm's way; his instinct was telling him this woman was not safe.

'Fine. Mind link open.' He grunted.

I embraced him, rubbing my cheek into his shirt. Okay.

He pulled away and grabbed my cheeks, squishing them slightly as he bent down to place a pleasant kiss on my lips. My stomach flipped at the passionate kiss, his lips warm and firm against mine. He pulled away all too soon, a silent look of understanding filling the air. His hands dropped from my face and he eventually turned his back to go down the stairs.

Once he was gone, I turned back to the door. I took in a deep breath before twisting the handle and pushing the heavy door open. I looked around the dark room, realising the curtains were shut and the smell of wood filled the air.

"Hello?" I wondered, searching for her.

My eyes adjusted and I found her sitting on the corner of the double bed, her back against the wall. She was eyeing me from over her knees that were pulled to her chest, a long-sleeved dress covering what little I could see of her body.

I stepped further into the room, highly aware of her dark eyes on my every move. "Hi, I'm Nova."

"Calida." Her voice wavered.

I swallowed and looked around. "Where may I sit?"

Her eyes darted to the side and I looked to see an armchair on the opposite side of the room to her. I slowly made my way towards and sat down, the creaking of the wood the only sound in the room.

"Are you okay? Why are you in the dark, Calida?" I wondered, looking around at the basic objects.

I could see many smashed and broken things on the floor. Some looked like lamps, picture frames, and ornaments, even the sheets from the bed were ripped and on the ground. I wondered if those were the things she had thrown at the so-called intruders.

"You're not going to make me go out there are you?" She ignored my question.

"I'm not going to make you do anything, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. It's awfully lonely in here, are you sure you don't need-"