Bonus Chapter 3

*Adam's POV*

"Alpha! Where the hell are you hiding?" My oh so annoying Beta called.

For a second I wondered if he'd leave if I ignored him but decided to call out anyway. "Here!"

Not even ten seconds later, the man appeared, "Dude, you're still working on this?"

"I want to have it finished before Summer this year. It's taken long enough and if my mate shows up I want it ready, Noah." I explain for the hundredth time.

"You're working too hard. I think your mate will cut you some slack." Noah said as he crossed his arm and leaned on the wall.

"Noah, I've just painted that."

"Fuck!" My Beta jumped away from the wall, looking at his now dark blue shirt. "Why didn't you put up a sign?"

"Because I wasn't expecting visitors." I say with a sigh before continuing to paint the wall.

Noah groaned, "Alpha, you need some time to relax. We haven't hung out in ages!"

"That's not entirely my fault now is it, mister I'm always around my mate?" I chide.

"Maybe that's your problem. You're so focused on this house you don't have time to meet your mate. Who knows, she might actually be around." Noah spoke.

I sighed and looked down at the blonde haired guy, "I've met every woman in the pack, Noah. You know my mate isn't here. Once I finish the house I'm heading out to find her."

"So you're building a house that no one is even going to live in?" Noah asks with a chuckle.

"I will live in there with my mate and pups once I find her." I say, slightly annoyed, "Anything else to say?"

"Not really. I checked on the warrior training today, everything is running smoothly there even when you're not around. Our border control was a bit messy the other day, but I fixed it for ya." Noah explains. He comes by every day to give me a rundown of the pack. Not that I'm not informed, I catch up on work every night.

"Thanks. Keep an eye out on the border control issue. They had the same problem a few weeks ago and we can't have a weakness at the border." I order as I jump down from my ladder.

"Will do. Now, I need you to go home and clean up. We're going out tonight." Noah says.

"I have work to do." I say as I grab a towel from the ground and clean my hands as I inspect my work. I only need to paint a few more walls. Everything is coming together nicely. I'll be able to get to work on the inside soon enough.

"Tonight you don't. I already did everything. We're going out." Noah repeats.

I frown and glance at Noah. The guy is a great Beta, but better doing things hands on. He hates paperwork. "What are you planning?"

"Ah, so now he's interested. Just an evening to let loose. It's game night at the pack house, you know that." Noah says with a smirk on his face.

I sigh, "I'll join another time."

"What if there won't be another time? You don't know, I might fall from a tree tomorrow and die." Noah exclaims in an attempt to persuade me.

"If you die anytime soon I'll make sure you'll end up somewhere in hell. I don't feel like looking for a new Beta." I tell him.

"Connor can be a great Beta. Since you're doing so much of the training his Gamma position is being wasted away anyway." Noah says as he throws me a shirt. "Come on!" he whines, "Just one evening!"