Chapter 19

*Annabelle's POV*

As soon as Adam saw us, Jasper let go of my arm, "Fuck."

Adam started storming over to us, Ray following close behind, and I gulped, not knowing what was going to happen next.

Jasper stepped away from me slightly, as if to tell Adam he wasn't a threat.

"What the hell is going on?" Adam yelled, his voice dangerously low and husky, showing that Cade was close to the surface.

I was about to tell him that everything is fine when Tim spoke up, "I was trying to teach your bitch some manners."

Those words made Adam snap. Within a second, he had grabbed ahold of Tim and started beating him up.

Holy fuck now what?

"What do we do?" I frantically asked Jasper and Ray as they both stared at Adam with wide eyes.

Ray turned to me, "Not we, you." I frowned and he elaborated, "He lost control, only his mate can calm him down now."

"W-what? What can I do?" I stammered.

Jasper spoke up, "Anything. Talk to him, touch him, do whatever is necessary. He'll only listen to you."

I gulped and looked back at Adam, who was standing over a very beat up Tim.

"Can you guys at least hold Tim back? I don't think he'll give me enough time before opening his mouth." I pleaded.

Jasper and Ray nodded as they followed me towards the fight. Ray and Jasper walked around Adam, leaving plenty of space as I stood behind him, "Adam?" I asked, unsure of what would and wouldn't work. A growl left his chest as he gave Tim another punch to the face. "Adam stop!"

Adam didn't respond. I gulped and gathered some courage before standing next to him and grabbing his arm, "Adam please! Stop" I noticed him flinch at the touch, he must feel the sparks, "Please." I pleaded again.

Adam took his eyes of Tim and looked at me, I don't think I've ever seen that much anger swim in someone's eyes. I could see Ray and Jasper approach Tim and Adam growled again, "Don't, he's mine." He spoke darkly and suddenly I realized why calling him wasn't working.

I wasn't speaking to Adam anymore. I was speaking to; "Cade, please. I'm ok, stop fighting." I asked him.

Cade looked at me again and growled slightly in frustration. I decided to take the touch a bit further as I circled my arms around his waist. "Please, Cade." I spoke again, softly this time. Cade was breathing heavily against me as I felt his chest heaving. I looked up at him, meeting his eyes.

He was looking at me but I could see that he wasn't looking at me. I grabbed his face between my hands, "Cade?" I asked.

He didn't respond, just looked at me in wild anger. I let out a breath before I reached up on my toes and kissed him, hoping it would work.

It seemed like it did, because as soon as our lips met he started roughly kissing me back. His arms were around me in a flash and he held me close to him. I broke the kiss and looked at him, this time his eyes were focused on mine, "It's ok. Just look at me." I told him softly.

I saw his eyes flash in anger again and I quickly grabbed his face and pushed him into the crook of my neck. I knew he did that to relax, so I hoped it would help. "It's ok, Cade, Adam. I'm here, I'm fine. The threat is gone now, please, come back to me."

Cade held me tighter at those words. I gently played with his hair as I kept repeating that I was fine. I could slowly feel Cade relax slightly. Cade gave my sweet spot a gentle kiss before he tilted his head back and looked at me, "Anna." He spoke roughly, but I could hear it was Adam again.