Chapter 15

*Annabelle's POV*

"Anna!" I heard someone whisper to me, waking me from sleep.

I groaned and snuggled deeper under the covers.

"Anna!" The person whispered again.

It's too early for all this.

I didn't respond to the whispering voice, and instead focused on the dream I was having. Adam and I together in the woods just like our date. Just laughing and kissing. I smiled into my pillow.

"Anna! Honey, I know you're having a great dream but this is an S.O.S. situation!" I heard someone whisper yell.

I groaned once more, before placing my pillow on my head.

"Anna, please!" the person dragged out the word please.

"What" I grunted.

"Oh thank god." The voice whispered, "Listen Anna, I don't want to freak you out, but there is a strange man sleeping on your sofa."

Is that all? I sighed and ignored the voice. "Anna?"

"Go away" I grumbled.

I heard a sigh, and then I felt the person leave my bed. "Fine. I'll just get rid of him myself. Don't you worry honey, I will protect you."

I then heard the person who I finally recognized as Robin leave my room. Finally, peace.

The peace didn't last long.

My eyes shot open and I sat up, looking at my bedroom door. Did she just say that she was going to get rid of the person on my couch?

ADAM!

I jumped from my bed, running towards the living room. I let out a large gasp at the scene in front of me. Robin was holding a baseball bat over Adam's head, ready to smash his head in.

"ROBIN DON'T!" I yelled as I saw her try to slam it down.

A hand shot out to catch the bat, and suddenly, a very panicked Adam was staring at Robin with wide eyes. "What the fuck?"

Robin dropped the bat and screamed, before running over to me and grabbing my hands, "Run Anna! He's gonna kill us!" she said as she started pulling me.

I pulled in the opposite direction, "Robin calm down! He won't hurt us!"

Robin looked at me, then at Adam who was now sitting up, his chest on full display, and then back at me. "What?"

My heart was still beating miles a minute from Robin almost killing my mate. I sighed, I guess we got busted, "He won't hurt us. I know him." I told her.

Robin started at me for a moment before doing a full 180 "Honey," she dragged out the word. "Then why didn't you say so?"

Oh dear.

Robin looked at Adam, then back at me, "So, who is the mystery man?"

I sighed and looked at Adam, who was looking at us like we were crazy. I mean Robin did just try to hit him with a baseball bat.

"He's a family friend," I came up with the lie easily, "He had nowhere else to stay so he's living here for a bit."

Robin gave me a smile, "Oh, that makes so much sense!" she then faced Adam, "Which part of the family?"

Adam cleared his throat, "Her aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Peter." He lied straight through his teeth. Thank the lord we talked about family on our date.