Chapter 33

*Annabelle's POV*

"Anna you have to help me!"

"Luna tell her everything will be ok!"

I blinked as two people burst through the front door. Adam and I were in the middle of having dinner when both Fred and Jasper decided it would be a great idea to enter our apartment without permission.

"Uh... what?" I answered as I glanced at Adam, who was glaring at the duo.

Fred let out a sigh, "Jasper wants me to see the pack he lives in and frankly, I'm terrified!"

Jasper groaned, "you don't have to be baby! Everything will be fine. No one will eat you." The last part sounded exasperated.

I gave a patient smile, "Fred, you really don't have to be afraid of his pack, especially since you're his mate."

"How do you know? Adam doesn't exactly have a pack for you to compare it with." Fred countered.

I could see hurt flash in Adam's eyes but he hid it well. Him not having a pack hurts him more than people think it does.

"I've been to Jasper's pack and everything was... uh... fine?" I spoke, remembering how the visit definitely did not end as 'fine.'

"That did not sound convincing." Fred said cautiously.

I cringed, "Well, there might have been some problems, but nothing really went wrong! I wasn't hurt and Jasper and Adam protected me!"

I could see Jasper pinch the bridge of his nose and Adam let out a soft growl.

Fred gulped, "I'm going to get eaten." He mumbled softly.

I quickly stood, "No you won't! I swear everything was fine. Jasper even went up against his own Gamma! I have no doubt that he can protect you against anyone. You should have seen him, he was cool!"

"Definitely helped that the Alpha beat the shit out of the guy before I had to actually get physical." Jasper mumbled and I sent him a glare.

Fred glanced at Adam, and I took a deep breath at her next question, "Do you think the pack is safe?"

Adam raised an eyebrow, glanced at Jasper, then at me, before looking back at Fred, "If Ray manages to actually get his people in line then sure."

Jasper suppressed a growl at Adam disrespecting his Alpha and I rolled my eyes, "How about I go with you? That way you can feel more relaxed." I suggested.

Fred's eyes lit up but Adam was next to me before she could respond, "Absolutely not!"

I looked at Adam with a pointed look, "Adam, he's gone, I'll be fine."

"There might be more idiots out there." Adam argued.

I smiled up at him sweetly, "Then you'll just have to protect me from them." I looked at Jasper, "Would that be ok?"

Jasper glanced at Adam before nodding carefully, "I don't think our Alpha would mind. He wanted to make up for what happened last time anyway."

Fred looked at me, "Anna, what happened last time?"

I gulped as I grabbed Adam's hand, knowing it would calm him as I said the words, "The Gamma of the pack was not behaving as he should have. But things got resolved and he got kicked out of the pack." I explained with as little words as possible so Adam would keep his cool.

Adam's arm came around my waist as he pulled me closer to him, "I should have killed him then and there."

Fred frowned in confusion and horror and I just waved it off. "When are you planning on going?" I switched the subject.