Chapter 16

*Annabelle's POV*

When I came home from work on Wednesday I was met with Adam looking over a paper filled dining table.

"I'm home." I yelled out as usual. But instead of an energetic greeting back I was just met with a soft 'hey'.

I walked up to him and touched his arm gently, "What's up?" I asked.

Adam placed an arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer, "I'm looking for a job." He mumbled.

I blinked, "A job?"

Adam nodded, "Yes, since Robin knows about me know, and soon Fred as well, I figured it would be ok to get an actual job. That was Robin won't kill me and I don't have to feel guilty for leeching off you." He explained.

"Ah, I told you I really don't mind all that." I told him with a smile.

He squeezed my shoulder, "I know, but I do mind. So I'm gonna get a job and help you out with the funds."

I sighed, knowing that I wasn't going to change his mind on this, "Ok, thank you." I said as I gave him a kiss on the cheek, "Wat are the options?" I asked.

Adam sighed, "Not much that Cade will agree with. He growls at anyone giving him orders so right now I'm honestly looking at dog walking service."

I busted out laughing, "How ironic."

"Shut it you!" Adam used his free hand to scratch his head, "It's not something I've ever had to think about. My future was clear; Alpha."

I nodded and tried to think of another option for him. I guess he'll always have to struggle with this. Unless he somehow takes over another pack, he'll have to keep a normal job to survive, that isn't going to be an easy feat.

"Hey," Suddenly, an idea popped into my head, "Why don't you try to get a job at that fitness center in town? I think they're looking for teachers and stuff."

Adam's eyes lit up, "Holy shit that would be perfect!" he spoke as he engulfed me in a hug.

I giggled, "Do you want to go together?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nah, I'll be fine on my own." Adam spoke as he placed some strands of hair behind my ear, "I'm an Alpha, I can handle myself."

I rolled my eyes, "I thought you might needed your Luna."

Adam smiled, "I do need my Luna, but not for that." He gave me a soft kiss on my forehead, "I need you to complete me fully. To bring me happiness and to help my heart beat every day."

I blushed. He's smooth. I stammered a few words before Adam chuckled and engulfed me in a tight embrace. I felt him kiss my temple, "You don't have to do a lot to achieve any of those things. Just existing is enough." He spoke softly.

There are a lot of things you can say about Adam, but one thing is certain, he's incredibly smooth.

---

The next day when I got home Adam wasn't there, and I figured that he was at the gym. I started preparing some classes for the next few weeks. Halloween was coming up, and I always like to do something fun during that time.

Around 5:30, I heard the front door open. An animated Adam ran into the living room, "I have a job!"

I jumped up, "That's awesome! At the gym?"

Adam nodded and walked over, giving me a kiss on the head before continuing, "Yeah, I'm gonna be teaching some teens boxing three times a week."

I smiled up at his excitement. He was like a little kid. I suppose this is what he meant when he said that even emotions like happiness are extreme for an Alpha. "That's cool, which days?"