Chapter 23

*Adam's POV*

The week went by quickly. Whenever Anna was at work I was either working out at the gym or just working as well. Any free time we had was spent with Isa and William. I didn't mind much. Anna was happy with their presence and so was I, though they did hog all my mate's attention away from me.

On Tuesday we went out to go costume shopping, which turned out to be a challenge. Costumes are either overly sexy or really dumb. Anna and Isa tried to convince Will and I to buy sheep costumes. Because it would be funny to be a wolf in sheep's clothing. We refused of course.

Anna and Isa bought matching outfits. Apparently this was some sort of tradition for them. They decided on cheerleader costumes. Thankfully, they didn't pick the completely slutty ones. Instead, they went with costumes that covered their stomachs. They did show quite a bit of leg though. Not that I minded at all. No, at first I couldn't keep my eyes off her as she showed me. Then I realized that any guys at that party would also be staring at my girl, and that didn't sit well with us.

Isa eventually managed to convince Will to buy a pirate costume, so that he would look like that 'Will' from Pirates of the Caribbean. I somehow ended up as a lumberjack, wearing just a pleated shirt and jeans. Anna found if funny because I was a forest man, and I couldn't resist her puppy eyes so I bought it.

It was now Friday night, and we were on our way to the party. Anna was driving tonight, she said she didn't mind not drinking since it would be highly improbable I would become intoxicated. So we could both be sober. I told her she didn't have to but she insisted.

Maybe I should just pick up driving again. I used to drive, but after six years of nothing I didn't feel confident enough to drive home 3 drunk people in the middle of the night.

Robin, who had somehow managed to get my number, had already challenged me to another drinking contest. And me being the idiot Alpha that I am, I couldn't back away from the challenge.

"We're here." My beautiful mate said. Her long blonde hair was tied in a high ponytail, and her green cheerleader uniform matched her emerald eyes. She looked perfect, if she had walked around like that in high school there would be no doubt any straight male wouldn't go for her.

I felt Cade growl in the back of my mind at that thought and I sighed, pushing him down. Tonight I didn't want to be the possessive boyfriend.

Cade and I had been toning down on everything anyway. After the conversation last weekend, we realized that we were definitely going to fast for our mate, so we've been holding back. It has been incredibly difficult, but I could sometimes see the appreciative smile Anna would give us, and it would all be worth it. We would wait. We would wait a century for her.

Anna had looked a lot more relaxed after Sunday. Like a weight had been lifted of her shoulders.

"Let's party!" Isa exclaimed as she jumped out of the car, Will in tow.

Anna chuckled besides me before getting out as well. I followed behind. The house was filled with people. It looked like a college frat party. Anna told me the party host was a friend of Robin, and that he was a 25 year old who hasn't escaped his college party years yet.

Once inside we immediately found Robin wearing a very revealing nurse costume. How cliché. She was already intoxicated and happily greeted us. She introduced herself to Will before challenging him to her signature drinking contest. A minute later, we were sat on some couches in the living room, drinks in hand.

Fred and Jasper were a bit later, but soon joined us as well. Jasper was wearing some devil horns while Fred had a greek goddess costume, which Isa and Anna fawned over. My greeting with Jasper was slightly awkward at first. We hadn't seen each other since I completely blew up and beat up his ex-Gamma.