Chapter 7

*Adam's POV*

I heard her open the door of her bedroom and I put my book away, almost being blown away when I saw the girl in front of me. She was wearing a beautiful black dress that hugged all her curves. And the cleavage it was showing made my pants feel tighter.

I suddenly had to fight with Cade for control. He wanted his mate, and he wanted him now. I managed to hold him back, "Damn, you look good Anna." I spoke.

She twirled for me, and I felt like I could die peacefully, "Thanks." She spoke with a soft smile on her face.

Shit, "Now I wished I could have come along." I spoke. She's going clubbing, where a lot of males will be looking at her. Dancing with her. Cade tried to give another push for me to mark her.

'Cade no. We can't mark her without her consent.' I growled at him.

'What if she meets another guy?' he shot back.

'Then we'll accept it for now!'

'Why haven't you told her about mates yet? This is ridiculous!' Cade snarled.

'I don't want to scare her off you mutt!'

"I can always take you along on the leash." Annabelle teased, making Cade shoot forward again.

I clenched my jaw as I fought with him for control.

'Just let me mark her!' Cade begged.

'No! Stop fighting!' I responded.

"I swear Anna one of these days I won't be able to hold him back." I managed to get out.

She giggled, "Sorry, he's too easy to tease."

I was about to tell her that she was playing a dangerous game when the doorbell rang. She looked at me, "Shift, now!"

I took off my sweatpants and boxers, glad that Annabelle was looking away. This way she wouldn't see the clear boner I had for her. I shifted as I saw her walk over to the front door.

'Behave Cade.' I warned him as I gave him control.

'Whatever.' Was his dry reply.

I heard our mate greet her friends. I had found out that their names were Robin and Fred. I had panicked at Fred, but she told me her name is French and no one can pronounce it. And I was glad to hear the pronoun 'she'.

I looked up when a short girl walked into the room. Her hair was a fiery red and she had a crazy grin on her face.

Fuck.

"Oh my goodness. He is adorable!" she squealed as she saw me. she started jumping up and down and got closer with her hand extended.

Cade growled from the comment and the proximity. Damn mutt has been in the forest for too long and is now not happy with human contact.

"Oh don't you growl at me big boy. I have wrestles cows in my day, I aint scared of a dog." The girl said.

She isn't the smartest one of the group, I figured. I fought with Cade to keep him from biting the girl's head off. It wasn't an easy fight.

"The pet shelter said that he doesn't really like people." Our mate explained and her voice calmed Cade slightly.

"Awww, is our baby boy shy?"

Scratch that calmness he's full on rogue now. Fucking hell this girl should know how badly Cade wants to bite her. He gave another growl.

"How about I get the glasses out." our mate said as she clearly tried to steer the conversation away from me. It worked, as magically, the girl ran towards the dining table and sat down. She was holding a bottle of vodka, which worried me to say the least.