Chapter 13

*Annabelle's POV*

"You're my mate, Annabelle."

I was silent for a solid minute. I could see Adam look at me, hoping for a reaction. I am his mate? But how? Didn't he say that it's super difficult to control yourself around your mate? How has he been so calm?

Actually, now that I think about it. There have been a few times where he apologized for being out of control.

I was suddenly filled with warmth, I was his mate. His soulmate! It explained so much, all these weird feelings I've been having. It's because we're mates!

I was snapped from my trance when I saw Adam awkwardly look away. Oh shit, he might think I'm rejecting him, "I'm your mate?" I asked.

Adam looked at me again, "Yes."

I blinked, "But why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Adam looked away again and scratched his head, "I don't know, I was afraid you'd kick me out. Or that you'd feel forced into this."

I stared at him, he looked adorable. Slight blush on his face, scratching his head. He looked like a kid who got caught stealing candy.

I chuckled, "Adam, I literally let you cut my hand and joined your pack. Did you think that us being mates would scare me off?"

Adam blushed deeper, "Maybe? It's quite a commitment you know? Soulmates. For me there is nothing else. Ever since I saw you in that cage I knew you were it for me. There is no plan B, just you. I would literally be willing to propose to you right now and feel fully confident about it. You mean a lot to me Anna. And you told your friends you didn't want a relationship an-"

"Oh, wait. I just told them that to keep Robin off my ass. She keeps trying to hook me up with guys and it's quite annoying." I mean I guess it wasn't a complete lie considering my past, but I felt like this situation was different.

I shifted in my seat to turn to him fully, "I've never been one for hook ups and stuff. For me, I always wished for a serious relationship. Honestly, you telling me that we're soulmates makes me really happy."

Adam jumped up, looking at me with hope in his eyes. I smiled, "Like I said, I've always wanted serious relationships. I've wished for a soulmate so many times as a teen. Knowing that you are mine makes me feel all warm inside." I spoke the truth.

Adam stared at me for a bit, before breaking into a breathtaking smile. Before I knew it, he had grabbed me and placed me on top of his lap, looking at me with adoration. "Yes, I'm all yours, love. All yours." He said before nuzzling his face into my neck. I stiffened slightly, not being used to someone being so close to me.

I felt him inhale deeply, as if he was taking in my scent. "You don't know how happy this makes us," he spoke as he lifted his head and looked me into the eyes, "We've been alone for so long, we had given up on a mate. When we saw you we regained hope again, we can't thank you enough."

I felt butterflies in my stomach as I listened to him speaking his heart out to me. I smiled and gently grabbed his face in mine, "I'm happy you held on long enough for me to find you."

Adam pulled me closer and softly kissed my forehead. We sat like that for a few minutes, just organizing our feelings. I eventually pulled away, "Uh... so what's next? You talked about marking?"

Adam choked, "All in due time, love. I know you don't feel the mate bond as strongly as I do, once I mark you it's basically inevitable that we complete the mating process soon after."

I blushed, "Right. I'm not ready for sex yet, sorry." I've had a boyfriend before, but I've never had sex. I always wanted to wait until I was 100% sure.