Chapter 51

*Adam's POV*

"Have you been taking care of my lovely daughter?" Anna's mother asked me as she engulfed me into a hug. I had to withheld the growl that Cade wanted to let out at the physical contact.

"I try my best ma'am." I respond to her question.

Anna's mother gives me a smile, "How many times do I have to tell you to call me Tia!" she then lets go of me and continues towards Anna. Finally.

Anna hugs her mother and avoids the comments about her slight weight loss. Not eating for nine days shows on her already slim body, but she's been eating healthy since I got her back. I'm making sure of it.

"I'm fine mom! I've just been working out recently." Anna gives her excuse, "I didn't change my diet so I was starting to lose weight, but I've changed it now, and I'm gaining weight again."

Tia hugs Anna tighter, and I have to withhold a growl once again. "Oh, baby! I'm glad you're trying to be more healthy but please keep an eye on your weight. You have always been skinny!"

Anna reassures her and then moves on to her dad. Owen had greeted me with a stiff nod which I returned but Anna gives her dad a big hug, and I can see the happiness in Owen's eyes. Anna will always be his little girl to him, I know that.

After meeting up with her parents once more we all head towards the living room. Today was Christmas Eve, so we were spending the night at Isa and Will's house. Or well, Tia and Owen knew it as just Isa's house. They didn't know that Isa and Will were living together just like they didn't know about Anna and I. Tomorrow was a family day. Anna was excited to see her aunts and uncles again, and feeling her excitement and happiness automatically made me happy as well.

Isa and Tia made dinner while the rest of us set the table and spent time on the couch.

Owen gave Will and I an interrogation on how his daughters were doing while Anna was scolding him for it.

When we were all sat at dinner, Isa spoke up, "Will and I are thinking about moving in together."

All eyes immediately went to her father, who turned white, "What? You haven't even been together for a year!"

Isa rolled her eyes, "Will is 25 years old, and I'm almost 24, I think we can decide when we're ready to live together."

I mean, they've been doing it for the past few months anyway.

"Where are you planning on living?" Tia asked, seemingly not as bothered by the idea, "You moved to this house only a couple of months ago."

Really, Isa hadn't moved to a house on her own, but had moved in with Will once they had mated. To prevent a heart attack from her parents though, they pretended Isa bought the house and Will lived somewhere else.

"That's why we're going to live here. Will's rental contract is ending in February, so he'll fully move in by then." Isa lied flawlessly.

"Have you thought about this? What happens when the two of you possibly break up?" Owen asked.

"We have thought about all that," Isa lied straight through her teeth, "Don't worry, dad. I know what I'm doing."

Owen let out a sigh and Tia started consoling him.

'I suppose it's better if we wait until we break the news we've been living together for months and are now planning on building a brand new house.' Anna links me.

I can't help but grin. We quickly decided that we weren't going to live in Ray's house. The place reeked of his stench and I wasn't going to put up with it. Instead, we'd already made plans for building our own house. It would be similar to the house I built before, but it had some tweaks here and there.