Chapter 8

*Annabelle's POV*

I groaned as the pounding headache made itself known to me. I don't want to wake up yet. Snuggling deeper under the covers, I tried to fall back asleep. It wasn't working with someone hammering my head, but I was going to try anyway.

Around ten minutes later, I gave up and opened my eyes. Next to my bed was a glass of water and ibuprofen, which made me smile. Adam must have set it out for me. I took the pill and laid back down in bed. Today was going to be a lazy day.

There was a knock on the door, and I told him to enter. Adam smiled at me as he walked in and sat on my bed. "Good morning." His voice was soft and I figured he was trying not to make my headache worse.

"Hey. Thanks for the ibuprofen." I mumbled as I snuggled deeper into my blankets.

"Figured you'd need them." Adam responded with a chuckle, "Do you want anything for breakfast?"

The idea of eating made me want to throw up, "No thanks."

Another chuckle, "Anything else?"

I gave him a weak smile, "I'm good. You might have to walk yourself today though."

Adam shook his head and stood up, "call me if you need anything. I can hear you from the living room."

I nodded and closed my eyes again, hearing the door close as he left the room. For about half an hour, I laid in silence. The medicine had kicked in now and the headache had subsided. I had been slipping between sleep and being awake but I didn't mind it much. When I heard the door open again I opened my eyes to look at Adam, only to be surprised it was his wolf form, Cade.

"Hey." I whispered.

Cade whimpered and jumped on the bed, circling a few times before laying down cuddled up to me. I bit back a smile at his behavior. What's this?

"You ok?" I asked him softly as I started petting his soft fur.

He let out a soft rumble that sounded suspiciously like a purr. And he tries to convince me he isn't a dog. I chuckled and snuggled up closer to him, trying to ignore the fact that this adorable creature was actually a 26 year old male. He was so soft and warm.

Within minutes I drifted off to sleep.

---

When I woke up again he was still by my side, and thankfully still in wolf form. By the soft snores that left him, I determined that he was still asleep.

I carefully grabbed my phone to check the time. 3:30PM already. I looked back at Cade, who was still snoring softly. I smiled and opened my camera, snapping a picture of him and sending it to the girls with the caption: Best hangover medicine there is. Fred responded with a picture of her cat in a similar position and Robin sent us some heart eye emojis.

I chuckled softly and put my phone away before getting out of bed. Cade's head shot up beside me. "Hey, sorry for waking you. I'm heading to the bathroom."

Cade gave me a nod before laying back down. I rolled my eyes before I left the lazy canine. When I returned to my bedroom a minute later Adam was on my bed, thankfully wearing sweatpants. His shoulder length hair was messy but it didn't change how handsome he is.

"Good morning sunshine." Adam spoke with a grin.

"As if you didn't sleep the entire day." I countered.

Adam held up his hands in surrender, "Guilty as charged." He then looked more serious, "Feeling better?"

I nodded, "Yeah, headache is gone." I stretched, and embarrassingly my stomach started growling.