SIXTEEN

Nat and Melany sat in Melany's bathroom as she got ready for her date with Bucky. Her stomach was riddled with nerves as she thought about where they were going. He had texted her after their interaction in the kitchen with a hint.

Bucky: Wear something you can dance in, doll.

She could see the smirk on his face from the other side of the phone as she sent a quick okay with a smiley face. Nat was currently styling her hair, pulling it up into a half up half down hairstyle. A small bun sat at the back of Melany's head as Nat straightened the bottom half of her hair.

Melany had already finished her makeup. She had a thin line of black eyeliner over her lids, and black mascara coated her lashes. A light pink blush flooded her cheeks. She was already smiling super hard as Nat rolled her eyes.

"Where do you think he's taking you?" Nat continued focusing on straightening her hair.

"He said to wear something I could dance in, so, maybe a club?" Melany pondered the thought. "Seems a little out of character for him considering the last time he was at a club with me." Melany laughed a little as Nat chuckled.

"He was picking up two drunk women from a bar because you sent him a message that was meant for Steve." Nat bit her lip as she tried to keep from laughing.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Melany waved her hand back at Nat as Nat unplucked the straightener, signaling she was done. "Maybe it was a sign," Melany muttered, standing up from the stool she was sitting on.

She grabbed a deep red liquid lipstick and swiped it over her lips. She brushed her hair out one last time before following Nat out of the bathroom. She already had a dress picked. It was a flowing red dress. The straps were thin and it was a little low cut, but not as low as the last time she went out. She had a pair of silver stud earrings already in, and she paired it with a silver necklace with a single diamond pendant on it.

"What do you think it was a sign for?" Nat asked, raising one of her eyebrows to push the question. She laid on Melany's bed.

"I don't know?" Melany scoffed, pulling her dress out of her closet. "Something amazing, I guess." Melany bit her lip as she thought about him.

It was crazy to her that they've only known each other for about two months, and already so much has happened. So many things have changed. She's never felt like this with anyone before, and she already barely knows him. She knows about his past mainly from his files and talking to him, but she doesn't feel like she really knows who Bucky is now. She's hoping this date will help settle things between the two of them.

Bucky felt the same way. He'd been cautious with her in every aspect apart from sexual, obviously. He found her painfully attractive, but at the same time, he wanted to keep her safe. He wanted to be the only one to touch her the way he does. He wants her to be the only person to make him feel like he's on cloud nine. He would do anything for her if she asked, and if he's being honest with himself, that's a little scary for him.

In the 40's Bucky was the man of the town, always having girls fall for him even when it wasn't intentional. Back then, he never had his eyes set on one girl, and now he does; she's the best person he's ever met, and he hates that she's been through so much. He wanted to make her forget what causes her pain, but he knows the only thing he can do is be there for her.

Melany slipped off her tank top and leggings as Nat sat on her phone. She quickly slipped her dress over the red lace lingerie she had slipped on before starting to get ready. She grabbed a pair of red heels and slipped those on as well.

"Look at you!" Nat cooed as Melany stood up after putting on her shoes and walking back to her closet to grab a silver clutch to hold her necessities for the night.