FOURTY-FOUR

It's a week before the wedding.

Melany and Bucky began their morning with Nat, Wanda and Pepper bombarding into their bedroom with champagne, flowers and lots of yelling.

Bucky groaned, rolling over into his pillow. "Why are you here?"

"We needed to start the celebration early, Buck!" Nat called out, a huge smile on her face, and her hands on her hips.

"No." He grumbled, turning back over and wrapping his arms around Melany. "You can have her later, don't take her yet." He said as Melany giggled as he pressed a kiss to her neck.

"I agree with him, kidnap me later." Melany said, turning toward him and wrapping her arms around his neck.

Wanda groaned as Pepper smiled. "You two are gross."

"Don't talk about my wife." Bucky responded.

"She's not your wife yet." Nat responded, rather harshly.

"Almost." Bucky grumbled, nuzzling himself into her neck.

"I'll get up in a minute, you guys go downstairs." Melany replied, unlatching her arms from around his neck.

"Fiiine." Pepper finally chimed in, pulling the other two girls with her downstairs.

After a couple moments, Melany started to wiggle in Bucky's grasp.

"No," he said, rolling them over so he laid on top of her.

"Babe." Melany said with a giggle.

"Yes, doll?" He said, leaning up on his elbows that rested next to her head, trapping her even more.

"Let me go, they're waiting." She said, running her hands up his biceps and into his hair.

He shook his head, keeping his gaze on her as she threaded her fingers through his hair. "You're so beautiful." He whispered, bringing his right hand to her cheek and stroking lightly with his thumb. He leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to her lips before pushing himself back up.

She smiled, biting her bottom lip as she stared back up at him. "I really wish they weren't downstairs." She groaned softly, readjusting underneath him.

He chuckled, a lopsided smile spreading across his lips. "I know, baby." He kissed her harsher this time before he pushed off her completely, getting out of bed.

Melany groaned, flinging the covers off her as she shot up.

"You won't be here when we get back, right?" She asked as she walked into the bathroom and grabbing her hairbrush.

"No, doll." He said, tugging his jeans up his legs.

She groaned softly, looking over at him as she brushed her hair. "I'm gonna miss you."

"You can still text me, baby. It's not like we can't talk at all." He said with a smirk as he walked over to her, bare chested as his dog tags jingled.

"I know, but this is the first time in like, forever where I won't be with you all day." She said, pouting as she felt him wrap his arms around her waist.

"You'll be alright, sweetheart." He replied lowly, placing a gentle kiss to a spot behind her ear as she grabbed her toothbrush and toothpaste.

"I know," she mumbled past her toothbrush before rinsing out her mouth. She sighed as she leaned back against him.

"You gotta go, doll." He said, running his hands up her arms.

"I know." She sighed, turning around and wrapping her arms around his neck. "I love you."