FORTY-FIVE

Melany shook her hands around in the air to stop the sweat from forming as the knot grew in her stomach. She was wearing sweatpants and a button-down shirt, as her hair sat in curlers on top of her head and she paced around her old bedroom in the compound.

"Why are you pacing?" Wanda said as she walked into the room, making sure the keep the door as closed as possible as people walked the hallways.

"What if he changes his mind? What if Steve does something stupid? What if Tony does something stupid?" Melany started to ramble and speak faster as the question flew out of her mouth.

Wanda sighed and walked over to her, resting her hands on her shoulders, just as Nat also came into the room. "Everything's going to be fine. You know Bucky loves you, Steve is over his shit, and we know Tony will do something stupid." Wanda said, which caused Nat to laugh.

"Sit down, we need to finish your hair and start your makeup." Nat said as she slowly corralled Melany back into her seat in the bathroom.

Melany sighed, hearing AC/DC starting to blare from downstairs, she was about to get up when Wanda used her powers to hold Melany down. "Stay there, I will go see what's going on."

Wanda walked out of Melany's room, hearing the music come from downstairs. The DJ was already here, and Tony was suggesting music to him and his plan on how to officiate the wedding.

"What're you doing, Stark?" She asked as she neared him.

"I'm giving him song suggestions." Tony said nonchalantly before he continued, "I told him about the first dance song, during the ceremony, all of it." He said as the DJ held up the piece of paper that Wanda had told Tony to give him.

"Thank you, keep the music down. Melany's freaking out, and please don't do anything stupid." She said as she started to turn around and head back to Melany's room.

"Me? Doing stupid things? The only things I do are intelligent ones, and some self-destructive." He defended himself, jokingly as Wanda walked up the stairs.

Meanwhile, Bucky, Steve, Sam and Clint were across the hall in his and Melany's old, shared room. Bucky was fidgeting with his tie when Steve spoke up.

"You alright?" Steve said, him already dressed in his gold suit.

Bucky nodded softly, clearing his throat. "A little nervous." He admitted after a minute of Steve staring at him unbelievably.

"About what?" Steve asked, cocking his head to the side.

"What if she changes her mind? What if she says no?" Bucky said, his voice getting raised toward the end and his head hung low.

"Look at me." Steve said, bringing Sam and Clint over.

"She fucking loves you, man. I have never seen that girl happier than when she's with you. Even when she was with Steve, there's no doubt, man." Sam said, slurring a little since he'd had a few whiskeys.

"Are you drunk?" Clint asked, almost as bad as what Sam said.

"Are you both drunk?" Bucky asked, his eyes squinted, and eyebrows furrowed as he looked between the two of them.

"Yes." Sam and Clint said at the same time with a nod.

"Shitheads." Bucky said with a chuckle leaving his mouth.

"I think we fixed it." Clint said as he looked over at Steve and gave him a grin before he made his way back over to the new bed that was placed in there, and laying down on his back, his arms spread across the bed.

Steve shook his head in disapproval as he turned back to Bucky. "What Sam said." He chuckled which earned a small laugh from Bucky.

"You're right. I hope she's ok." He said as he reached for his phone.