TWENTY-EIGHT

It's been two weeks since the crew returned to the compound. Two weeks since Melany moved across the hall. Bruce didn't particularly like the idea, since they were literally living across the hall from each other before, but as Melany told him, "we were going to be staying in each other's rooms anyway." Which was completely true.

Bucky hadn't had the chance to talk to Bruce yet about wanting to propose. Anytime he'd gotten the chance, Melany would walk in, or Tony would want to stick his nose in Bucky's business about being all secretive.

Melany had heard Tony mention something about Bucky seeming a little off, but to her he was fine. He seemed a little frantic at times when she was going through something in their room, but other than that, he seemed like his normal self.

Wanda, Nat and Melany had managed to catch up on everything while they were at the cabin. Wanda was a little shocked to hear about the fact that Melany was okay with Nat and Steve being together.

"Why are you so shocked, Wands?" Nat asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Because!" Wanda looked over at Melany across the living room where she sat in the chair by herself. "You and Steve have been avoiding each other for so long, and then he kissed you, and then that fight? And now everything is fine?" Wanda was growing confused

"Steve and I just didn't really have a chance to really be able to talk anything out. With Bucky always being around – not that I'm complaining - and we were stuck in the cabin all together, all the time, it was hard to just feel like we could sit and talk about it." Melany explained.

"Ohhh..." She sighed. "How are things with you and Bucky, by the way?" Wanda smiled and wiggled her eyebrows at Melany. "And what's going on with Sharon?" She started to spew out questions before Nat shushed her.

Melany smiled. "It's..." she paused. "He's the best thing I could've asked for." She bit her lip as she felt her cheeks heat up. "And Sharon, I don't know. She hasn't been seen or heard from really since the Halloween Party. I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up tonight for the Christmas party."

Wanda cooed and clapped her hands, ignoring the comment about the Christmas party. "I can't believe it'll be a year in, what, April?"

"May." Bucky chimed in as he walked into the living room. "Hey, doll." He grinned as he walked over to her, giving her a small kiss.

"How was the run?" Melany asked as Sam and Steve walked in.

"They both kicked my ass." Sam breathed out. "That's what I get for trying to race super soldiers." He laughed, as did Wanda and Nat.

"You were talking shit, Wilson." Bucky spoke up from behind Melany's chair. "Had to prove you wrong."

"By running out into the woods and cheating?" Steve asked from inside the kitchen.

"I knew where I was going!" Bucky defended himself. "I wasn't cheating."

"Suuure, metal man." Sam chuckled, sitting down next to Wanda on the couch. "What've you girls been up to?"

"Just talkin'." Wanda smiled.

"About?" Steve walked back into the living room from the kitchen. He tossed a water bottle to both Sam and Bucky.

Sam fumbled his, and Bucky caught his but he had to lean down to catch it in front of Melany. "Sorry." He muttered, standing back up. He kissed her head before straightening and opening the bottle.

"Nothing you three need to worry about." Nat defended.

"Which one were you talking about?" Sam asked, looking between the three girls. "Was it Mr. America or Grumpy over there?" He asked, pointing at Steve and then to Bucky.