TWENTY-SIX

Steve walked out of the Quinjet with Tony, Bruce, and Clint. Sam used Redwing to scout out the base in Siberia. No activity in years.

"Who wants to start planting the explosives?" Steve asked, looking past all the snow that was falling at the bunker.

"We need to check if the other soldiers are even in there," Bruce noted. "What do we do if they aren't?"

"Then we talk to Buck," Steve replied, looking over at Bruce. "Stay here, we'll call if we need you."

Bruce nodded in reply.

Steve walked over to the front door, breaking the lock with his shield. They stepped down a long flight of stairs. There entered a large room, with 6 cryogenic chambers. One of them was empty. Buckys. Steve sighed, looking around the room. He noticed there were bullet holes in the other 5 chambers. All of the soldiers were still inside.

"Don't worry. They went in their sleep." They heard a voice echo around the room. He sounded foreign.

Tony looked around, seeing a barrier with a small window. Tony shot at it, but nothing happened.

"Stark, this chamber was used to keep HYDRA safe from the deadliest of bombs. You aren't getting past this." He chuckled.

"Who are you?" Tony asked, flipping the face shield up on his suit.

"Baron Zemo," Steve answered him. Steve was glaring through the glass.

"You know him?" Tony looked at Steve, a little offended he'd never mentioned him.

"I work with HYDRA, but I didn't like the Winter Soldier Project," Zemo answered. He paused. "If I come out, will you promise not to hurt me too much?"

Steve looked over at Tony. His jaw clenched and nodded gently.

Zemo opened the chamber, stepping out. He fixed his jacket as he cleared his throat. "Super Soldier's shouldn't exist. They were an American Project to just make it seem like they were more protected. No offense, Captain." Zemo chuckled, looking at Steve. "Where's the original Soldier?" He pointed to the 6th empty chamber in the room.

"Nowhere you need to know about," Clint interjected.

"Sure." Zemo smiled at him. "I do have some information for you before you decide to kill me or whatever you wanted to do with this base." Zemo sighed, waiting for a reply so he could continue.

"What is it?" Steve asked.

"HYDRA is obviously still looking for Sergeant Barnes, even though the Avengers have been taking them down rather quickly." Zemo paused. "I want you to watch your back. Take off one head, two more take its place." He repeated HYDRA's motto to them.

Tony rolled his eyes. "Yeah, we're aware."

"I'm surprised you and Barnes are so close, Stark." Zemo held his wrists behind his back. "Him killing your parents and all."

"Yeah, well. We talked about it." Tony joked, causing Steve to toll his eyes.

"Right." Zemo smiled. "Explains the new arm." 

"Get on with what you have for us," Clint groaned.

"Very well." Zemo pulled a chair from one of the abandoned desks and sat on it. "You all can sit."

"No thanks. Talk." Tony spat, spinning his finger in a circle to signal Zemo to continue.

"Fine." He took a deep breath. "I know that Melany Banner is involved with him. I'm sure you want to know how HYDRA got that information." Steve nodded, feeling nervous at the mention of Melany. "HYDRA keeps tabs on anybody that can be a threat to them. So, Melany being the daughter of the infamous Hulk, they needed to keep their information straight." Zemo began before getting asked questions.