48

A/N : sorry for not updating for a while
school just started and field hockey has also started for me so i've been really busy BUTTTTT i'm excited for where this is going.

I hope you guys are enjoying this story!!

"Oh shit." Pope mutters.

"I'm so sick of your shit." Kiara mutters before turning and walking towards the chateau.

I look up at jj who was currently lighting a cigarette, "Oh shit Maybank, am i seeing your soft side?" I ask with a small smile.

He walks towards me and offers his hand, I look up as i grab onto it and pull myself up.
We start walking in silence as we head towards my car.

After getting to the car i look over at him, "Did you mean what you said?" I ask, not sure if i wanted to know the answer or not.

JJ turns his head towards me as he lets out a small sigh, "Yeah, I did." He says.

"Well if i'll be damned, he does have a heart." I laugh and he rolls his eyes, "You're kinda cool Thornton."

"You're kinda, not terrible Maybank." I smirk.
"Hey so...what happened with Kiara?" I ask as i lean against my car.

"Dumbest shit i've ever heard her say i swear to god, she was just saying all this shit about how she thinks we should be together." He scoffs and i raise an eyebrow, "Interesting."

"I'm not into her if that's what you're wondering." He sighs.

"Never said you were." I mock as i look at him.
JJ starts to pull open the drivers door but i stop him, "Fuck no, I've already seen you drink 3 beers this morning."

"I'm not even drunk." He scoffs, "I'm driving, End of discussion." I state as i climb into the car.

He groans as he starts to walk around the car and climbs into the passenger seat.

"You know, i didn't wanna drive anyways." He huffs as he shuts the door.

I raise an eyebrow as i start to pull onto the road, "Yeah you made that very clear." I scoff.

"Your car has all these weird buttons, that shits confusing." He says and i roll my eyes, "J those are normal."

"J?" He asks as a smirk slowly grows on his face, "Only because the second j is just there." I huff no wanting to let him know that i actually like giving him nicknames.

"Alright O, the rest of your name is just there." He says with a laugh as i start driving into the figure eight.

"Feel like i'm gonna get hate crimed just by being here." JJ scoffs and i turn my head towards him, "Not all kooks are bad, you just happen to attract the worst ones." I shrug.

"As in...You?" He asks as he slowly leans towards me, I feel my lips curve up into a small smile, "Yeah." I say as i feel his breath on my lips.

"You should probably pay attention to the road." He whispers, not moving from his previous spot.

"Probably." I laugh before pressing my lips to his. He kisses me back and runs his hand down the back of my head.

I hear a loud honk behind us JJ rolls down the window, "FUCK OFF." He shouts and i let out a loud laugh. "If you aggravate them too much they might just run into us."

He groans as i pull away from him and continue driving down the street.

We eventually pull up towards the gates on front of my house, I push the button above my mirror and watch as the gates slowly swing open.

"Tell me why you have gates again?" JJ asks and i shrug, "For security i guess."

"Who do you need to protect yourselves from?" He asks as his eyes stay focused on me.

"People...?" I say questionably.
"As in...pogues who would love to steal all your fancy shit?" He asks and i roll my eyes, "Sure JJ, sure."

I start pulling into the driveway and frown when i see my normal spot was taken by a car i didn't recognize, there were at least 20 cars lined up down the long driveway and people were literred around the yard.

"I told him nine." I grumble as i climb out of the car. JJ follows after me as i walk towards the front door of my house.

I pull open the main doors to the house and walk inside, the strong stench of alcohol immediately burns my nostrils as waves of people crowd into the large foyer.

Some people greet me as i walk through the hallway, I notice some of the kooks were giving jj weird looks as i hold onto his hand, leading him towards the kitchen.

Loud music echoed through the hallways as we passed through the large rooms, "Pretty sure everyone here is plotting my death." jj scoffs as i drag him along.

Ignoring his remark, I continue going as i make my way outside towards the pool. "TOPPER." I shout when i see my brother standing with a group of friends by the water.

Topper looks up and smiles when he sees me. His smile shrinks when he notices jj standing next to me.

"Are you okay Top?" I ask as he stumbles over to us, "Yeah my girlfriend just died and my sister was missing so yeah i'm perfect." He mumbles.

"I wasn't missing, I was at the chateau but i'm here now. I tried calling you." I say as i mindlessly push one of the guys who was standing way to close to me.

"And now you're hanging out with the guy who put a gun to my head." He scoffs and I look from JJ, back to Topper.

"Top i'm sorry i just-" I start to say before jj interrupts, "You know you're just salty that Sarah dropped you for John B, You don't want your sister hanging around dirty pogues." He sneers.

"You know she's probably just hanging around you guys cause she's bored. That's what she does, Once she's done with you she'll toss you away." My brother says with a smug smirk.

"Topper-" I start but JJ speaks over me again, "You're just made that i fucked your sister." He says, causing my cheeks to grow red.

The next thing i know, A fist was whizzing past my head towards jj. Topper had lunged at him as JJ quickly dodged his punch.

"Idiots." I mumble as the both start throwing themselves at each other.

A girl i recognized from school had joined the crowd that surrounded the fight, "JJ's going to kill Topper, you know he helped John B kill Peterkin." She whispers as she looks at me.
Rolling my eyes, I jab my elbow into her rib causing her to hunch over, "I don't have time for this shit." I groan.

I run towards my brother and jj as they continue brawling with each other, "STOP." I shout as i try to push them away from each other.

"Think i saw your dad in the local prison, not to long before you end up there, huh?" Topper shouts. I watched as JJ lifted up his fist and started to ram it towards Topper. Not thinking, i tried to position myself in front of my brother but felt a hard impact slam into my face.