30

FLASHBACK

I was sitting out on Big Johns boat, Ward had been asked to come talk with him and he wanted me to come along since i'd been doing a lot of research on the royal merchant and how to find the gold.

I suddenly heard Ward cheering and looked up from my book, "You found it??" He asks with a large grin as he looks at John.

I quickly shut my book and sit up, holy shit.

"I need legal assurances." John says as i walk up to the pair.

"What legal assurances, John? We're parents it's a fifty fifty thing." Ward exclaims.

"It's nothing fifty fifty, i never agreed to that."

I give Ward a concerned look before turning my attention back to John, "I've spent 20 years on this, Ward, you and this child just got involved." He says as he looks at me.

"If i didn't bust my ass trying to figure this shit out you wouldn't have even found the gold." I snap as i look at him.

"Don't do this." Ward chuckles nervously.

"20 percent." John says firmly.

"20 percent my ass." I mumble.

"You took my money, and you used my boats, and you used all the information Octavia was giving to you!" He shouts, "That's when you found it!"

"Twenty percent is reasonable." He says as he pushes past us.

"I don't give a shot what's reasonable, you promised!" I shout as i turn around to face him.

"IT WAS MY MONEY!" Ward shouts.

"IT WAS MY RESEARCH!" John shouts and i roll my eyes, "In 20 years you didn't find a goddamn thing with your so called research, you were looking in all the wrong places, but guess what, i wasn't." I scoff.

"I knew you would do this kooks have always been greedy." He sneers as he looks at us.

They both start lunging at each other, John seemed to be leading in the fight so without thinking, i grabbed a piece of plywood and smashed it into Johns face.
The force of the wood cause him to fall back and i heard a loud crack as his head crashed into the boat ledge.

John and Ward continue talking but i could see the blood starting to seep down the wall, i slowly drop the piece of wood as he reaches back to touch the back of his head.

He pulls his hand back to reveal it covered in blood, "Shit." I mutter as i slowly step back.

Ward rushes to call someone and i look back at him and grab the radio, "He'll tell someone, he's still conscious and he'll remember what happened." I whisper frantically as i look back at John who was crouched over on the ground.

Ward slowly walks over to John who was still groaning to himself, I look over to my left and see a hammer laying on the ground.
I slowly pick it up and walk over to Ward who was standing over John.

He looks down at my hand and shakes his head, "He's not going to be able to tell anyone, it was an accident."

"Yeah cause me hitting him with a piece of wood is definitely an accident." I scoff as i raise up the hammer and smash it into his head. "I just saved both our asses, you're welcome." I say quietly before picking up his body and tossing it over board.
* END OF FLASHBACK *

I wake up suddenly and look around me.
I haven't had that nightmare since i left the obx, I couldn't stop thinking about that moment every time i see John B. 

My mom has always told me to forget about, how the fuck are you supposed to forget that you ended someones life??

A knock on my window quickly snaps me out of my thoughts. I look up and see jj was standing on my balcony.

"Shit." I mutter before standing up and walking towards him, I pull open the large glass doors leading to my balcony and look up at jj.

He had a black eye and a busted lip, "Did Rafe do this?" I whisper as i slowly run my thumb under his eye.

He shrugs before walking into my room, "Yeah."

"jj, you can't be here, Topper and Rafe check in on me every few minutes and if they see you-" I start to say.

"If they want to beat me up again, let them." He says as he looks at me.

"I've been trying to call you." He says and i sigh, "Topper took my phone, he didn't want me contacting you."

"Oh so am i that big of a threat." He smirks and i roll my eyes, "No he just hates you."

"How did you even get up here?" I ask as i peer out my window, "Ladder."

I hear my door handle start rattling and i look up, "If they see you here-" I start and he grabs my hand, "Cmon." He whispers.

He walks onto the balcony and helps me get onto the ladder, "When you get down just start running." He says and i raise an eyebrow, "Please don't beat my brother up."

"No promises." He chuckles.