25

I follow behind the truck for a few miles, before pulling up to the chateau.
As soon as i turned off my engine, i could hear the sounds of crickets chirping.

Kiara and Pope were talking up ahead, and i walk towards them, "Is he here?" I ask and they shrug, "All the lights are off." Pope points out.

Suddenly we hear loud whirring, and a bunch of lights turn on around us.

"What the hell." Pope mutters.

"Who the hell is that?" Kiara asks as she starts walking towards the lights.

I quickly follow after them and find myself standing in front of a huge hot tob, the whole yard was covered in colored lights, and jj was sitting in the hot tub with a bottle of champagne.

"What did you do jj?" Pope asks as we approach him.

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now." He laughs as he looks at us, "Yall should get in immediately, you hear me?" He says as he starts pouring the champagne into multiple glasses, "Salud!" He shouts.

"How much did this all cost?" Pope asks and jj looks around, "Uhh, well with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery...pretty much all of it, yeah." He slurs.

"All of it?" I gawk as i look at him.

"You spent all the money in one day??" Pope asks.

"Yeah burned a hole right through my pocket." He chuckles.

"But i mean like, come on guys, like, look at this! Finest in jet based massage therapy, that's what they told me."
"Kie what?? Cant a man have a little luxury in life? Come on, all this scrimpin and scrapin...I mean like, guys we- you only live once right?" He says as his voice starts to crack.

"Enough of this emotional shit, get in the cats ass, come on."

"In the what?" Kiara asks, "In the cats ass." He replies. "That's what i named her."

"Oh hey yo! I almost forget." He says as he clicks onto a button, i look up as the lights start flashing.

"Disco mode, that's right baby!" He shouts as he lifts his hands up in the air.

"Are you kidding me?? You could have paid for restitution!" Pope shouts.

"Or literally given it to any charity!" Kiara adds on.

I look at them both before looking back towards jj, while looking at him, i see that look in his eyes, the same one i had last summer, when you're at the point where you've finally cracked.

"Or better yet, you could've helped us get supplies to get the rest of the gold out of the well!" Pope shouts.

"Okay well you know what?? I didn't do that!" He shouts as he stands up, revealing large gashes bruised on his bare skin.

"I got a hot tub! For my friends, I got a hot tub for my friends, no you know what? Screw friends. I got a hot tub for my family! I got this for you! The only people i have left."
He shouts as he looks at Kiara and Pope.

He then turns his head towards me, "And you. You confuse me, and scare me, but at the same time i love it, I don't know why but i've told you shit that i've never told anyone else before! I barely know you and yet i feel like i've known you since we were kids." He chokes and i look up at him, "jj.." I whisper.

"No, You stop being emotional. It's fine, okay?!" He says as he starts crying.

"I mean it's sweet right?!"

Without thinking i walk up to him as i wrap my arms around him, i feel tears slipping down my cheek as he sobs into my shoulder.

"I just couldn't do it." He whispers as his arms wrap around my waist.

"I cant take him anymore." His voice cracks as he continues to cry.

I feel Kiara and Pope walking up next to us, they wrap their arms around jj as well.

"I just wanted to do the right thing." He sobs, "I know." I whisper as i continue to hold onto him.

I didn't let go of him for at least 20 minutes, even after Kiara and Pope had went to start cleaning things up, i stayed in the hot tub.

My jean shorts were completely soaked, glued to my legs, but i didn't care, i just wanted to be there for him.

He slowly let's go and looks up at me, "Thank you." He whispers.

I look up at him as i take a small step back, "For what?" I ask.

"Not giving up on me." He says and i give him a small smile, "Of course."

"Why didn't you though." He asks quietly and i shrug, "Because i know what you're feeling right now, you need someone to believe in you, of not you just spiral into an even worse state."

He looks at me and slowly moves his hand to the back of my head, he starts to lean in and i look up at him, "You know Topper will kill you right?"

"Let him." He smirks as he pulls my waist to his and kisses me.