13

A/N : i couldn't decide for the life of me which dress to choose so y'all can just have ur own image in ur mind or choose one of these

_______________________________

"You look beautiful." My mother smiles as she stands in front of my mirror, admiring my dress.

"Thanks mom." I say quietly, she passes me a hair piece and then walks out of my room with another word.

Midsummers, a night of the year where all the kooks gather to have small talk and drink, for most people it's an excuse to flaunt all of their achievements and wealth but no one really points it out.

"Have you heard from Sarah?" Toppers voice asks from behind me, i turn around and watch as he walks into my room, wearing a beige tux and blue tie.

"No not for a few a days, aren't you supposed to walk in together?" I ask as i push a silver dangly earring into my earlobe.

"Yeah we're supposed too, haven't seen much of her lately at all." He scoffs, i turn towards him, "Is everything alright with you two?" I ask as i give him a concerned look.

"Yeah it's fine." He mutters, "We're leaving in 10, see you downstairs." He says as he gives me a small smile and walks out of the room.

I sigh as i check my phone, the last time i texted Sarah was yesterday and she hadn't responded, i grab a purse that matched my dress and shove my phone in it.
Pulling my heels on, i sigh as i walk out of my room.

___________

We arrive at Midsummers and my mom turns towards Topper and I.

"Walk in 3 seconds after me and don't waver, Octavia stop slouching, Topper wipe that look off of your face you look miserable." Our non says as she fixes my hair.

"This is pure torture." Topper mutters, "Tell me about it." I whisper as mom starts walking towards the entrance.

We follow after her and i could tell Topper was upset about not walking in with Sarah.
A crowd of kooks applauds as we walk through the doors and i put on a smile.

I sigh as my mother starts talking to a group of people and i turn towards Topper, "She'll be here soon, and then you'll be able to talk to her." I assure him.

He nods and then turns his head when the applause starts up again.

I look over and see the Cameron family entering, Topper gives me a pat on the back before heading over to talk to Sarah.

A few hours later i was beyond drunk, Sarah and i were taking turns ducking behind each other and taking shots.

"jj?" Sarah asks and i turn my head towards her, jj was dressed in a waiters outfit and he handed Sarah a slip of paper, "From Vlad." He says.

Sarah let's out a small laugh, "From vlad?"

"Yeah." jj nods as he hushes her, "Just read the note." He says and then looks over at me, "Looking nice magic mirror!" He calls out before walking off.

"Magic mirror?-" I start to say but i turn towards Sarah, "Who's Vlad?" I ask.

Sarah looks at me, "hm?"

"Vlad? Why was jj giving you a note and who names their kid vlad?" I ask as i look at her.

"Oh, he's a friend." She says before walking off the opposite direction.

I raise an eyebrow at my friend who was running off and see Topper was giving her the exact same look.

"Where is she going?" He asks as i walk up to him, "Not sure, said the notes from someone name Vlad." I shrug.

He gives me a confused look, "Who the fuck is Vlad?"

"I don't fucking know, just cmon." I groan as i follow after Sarah.

We start following Sarah and i see her talking to someone at one of the gazebos.

"Ok all we gotta do is quietly sneak over there to see who she's talking to and then bam!" I say as i start slowly creeping towards the gazebo.

I get to the edge of it when i hear a boy talking, "Hawks night at midnight." He says and i peek my head up and see John B standing next to her.

I slowly walk back towards Topper and look at him, "Ok now we just both sneak back over there and-"

"Hey Sarah is that you??" Topper calls out and i stand up, "Or we could do that." I sigh.

Sarah starts walking over to us and smiles, "Hey."

"Sarah what are you doing out here?" Topper asks as Sarah approaches us.

"Oh um, Scarlet told me she had hidden vodka or something." She says with a laugh.

"Oh really? Scarlet." Topper says.

"Yeah i couldn't find it though." She says as she looks back.

"Gosh, is that who you were talking to over there?" He asks.

Sarah shakes her head, "I wasn't talking to anyone."

"Was i just seeing things? I thought i like i don't know, was watching you have a conversation over there." He scoffs.

"I mean i was talking to some people from the party." She says quietly.

"Yeah...I'll let you two talk." I say awkwardly before turning around and walking back towards the front.

"Hey look look man i can walk myself! I got legs, can you see that, brother? Come on!" A familiar voice shouts.

I push past the crowd of people and see jj being escorted out of the building.

"I really appreciate what you did back there, let me just walk out by myself." He slurs as the man walks him further into the crowd.

"Oh Octavia, i see you got your drink, good that's really nice of you, i'm actually gonna down that." He says as he stops in front of me, he takes my drink and downs it in one gulp before handing it back to me.

"See yah later Magic mirror." He slurs before being dragged past me.