40

"He was supposed to be here." Kiara mutters as she paces back and forth.

I was sitting with my back leaned against the boat, waiting for John B and Sarah to get here.
Drawing little swirls in the sand with my finger, I smiled as JJ and Pope were practicing some of their wresting skills.

I look up when i hear the sound of a siren, I quickly stand up as a cop car pulls in right next to Kiaras.

"Get back on the boat, get back on the boat, untie it." JJ says.

The cop door opens and i squint my eyes to see John B getting out of the car, "Wait."

"No way." JJ laughs.

"Shoupe let me take it for a spin" John B says with a laugh.

"Alright that's believable, for now." Kiara sighs as she wraps her arms around him.

John B's face immediately hardens when he sees me leaning on the boat.

I clear my throat as i look at him, "Look, I can testify and then we can make sure it'll be clear for you to come ba-" I start to say.

"It's because of you that i'm in this position, and it's because of people like you that shit like this keeps happening, I don't need your damn help." He sneers.

"Rafe shot Peterkin, not Octavia, leave her out of this." JJ says as he looks at his best friend.

"Stop guys, the important thing is that we get you out of here." Kiara says as she looks at John B.

Deciding not to cause anymore drama, I walk back towards Kiaras car and climb in the passenger seat.

I watch as John B climbs on the boat and the pogues say they're goodbyes.

Once the boat was out of view, I push open the car door and climb out.

"I don't want to ruin this moment but-" I start to say and Kiara looks at me, "Then dont." She spits.

Deciding to not let my pettiness get the best of me, I decide to ignore her.
"John B stole a cop car, they have trackers on those things which means-"

"The cops will be here any minute." Pope finishes and i nod.

"I have made it abundantly clear that we don't need your help." Kiara says as she turns her head.

"Ok, Have fun dealing with the cops." I say as i start walking down the road.

"Wait." JJ calls out and i turn my head, "What is it Maybank?" I sigh.

"If the cops are actually on their way, the roads are gonna be blocked." He says.

"Alright." I shrug as i start walking back towards them, I take my shoes off and pull of my top before starting to climb into the water.

"You know there are better ways of leaving right?" JJ calls out.

"Well, it's hot out and i wanna go swimming." I shrug as i get used to the cold water piercing my skin.

I start wading through the water, before plunging under, the cold water hit my skin but i quickly adjusted as i felt a wave of calmness wash over me.

I lift my head out of the water and start swimming away from land.

A few seconds later, I hear a loud splash and turn my head to see JJ wading towards me.

"Seriously?" Kiara calls out.

"I cant let her go alone, she'll probably drown or something." jj shrugs and i raise an eyebrow, "Ok, that was one time and there were waves."

"You guys can come you know that right?" I say as i look at Kiara and Pope.

Kiara scoffs and i roll my eyes, "Guessing that's a no."