14

Maybe i should've told Topper where i was going but, knowing him he'd tell Rafe and Kelce and then another fight would break out.

I had no clue why John B wanted Sarah to meet her at the hawks nest, If they wanted to have risky sex i guess that works, rolling off a tower mid climax would be exhilarating.

I roll down the dark dirt road slowly as i approach hawksnest.

I notice a van was parked in front of the large wooden tower, i park my car and climb out, i start walking towards the van and see Kiara, Pope, and jj all sitting inside.

I knock on the van window and Kiara opens the door, "What the hell are you doing here??"

"Trying to save my brother from heart break." I sigh, "Heart break?" She asks.

"What else would Sarah and John B be doing up there?" I ask as i look up at the tower where Sarah's white dress was blowing in the wind.

The group of pogues all look at eachother and i narrow my eyes, "What."

"It's nothing, go home." She sneers.

jj looks at me, "I gotta few blunts if you want some." He says, "Saw the lighter next to your magic mirror, figured as much." He shrugs.

"Magic mirror?" Pope asks with a confused look.

"No she is not staying." Kiara says as she glares at jj.

"Sounded like an invitation." I say with a smile as i push past kiara and climb into the van.

Kiara turns and looks at me, "You guys seriously trust her enough to even sit in here??"

I let out a puff of smoke as i look at her, "I'm just sitting."

"You're a ticking time bomb that destroys everything in sight." She snaps.

"Says the one who holds grudges from shit i did two years ago!" I shout as i look at her.

"What if we all just-" jj starts to say, "Shut up." Kiara and i both snap at him.

"You HUMILIATED me in front of everyone! You got close to me just to learn my secrets and then told everyone as a big joke!" She shouts.

"We were KIDS Kiara! It was just petty drama and you know it!" I shout.

"What are you even doing?? Are you trying to get close to my friends now too?? To turn them against me??" She yells as she looks at me.

"I barely even know your friends! I was trying to be nice which you've never been in your life you stuck up bitch!" I shout.

"SO NOW IM THE STUCK UP ONE??" She shouts at me, "Have you ever wondered why your dad decided to end his life?? Maybe he had enough of all your bullshit and would rather die then live his life knowing he raised a raging she devil!" She sneers.

I drop the blunt that i was holding in my hand and feel a single tear slip down my cheek.

I heard voices around me but i didn't hear what they were saying, my dads suicide was a touchy subject for me. I never talked about it with anyone except Topper and even he never wanted to speak about it.

I feel an arm grabbing onto mine and bringing me outside, as soon as the cold air hits my face i lean over and hurl up whatever i had eaten for the past few days.

"Here." I look over at jj who was handing me a canteen of water.

I sit down on the grass and lay my head back.
jj lay down next to me and looked up at the sky, "I'm sorry about your dad." He says quietly.

"And i'm sorry about yours." I respond.

"Maybe we do have more in common then we thought." He says and i give him a small smile, "Maybe."

"I almost killed him today." He says as he looks back at the stars.

"Your dad?" I ask as i look up.

"I couldn't do it, even after all the shit he's done to me, i couldn't do it." He says quietly.

"That's a really brave thing to do you know that right?" I say as i play with my fingers.

"How? I chickened out, couldn't pull the trigger." He sighs.

"Killing him is the easy way out, if i killed everyone who ever crossed me half of this town would be dead." I say with a small laugh.

"Would that include me?" He asks as he looks at me with a smirk.

I laugh as i look at him, "Most definitely."

"Ouch." He chuckles and i look back up at the sky, i smile when i see a familiar constellation.

"Orion." I say quietly and jj looks at me, "My names jj by the way." He says.

I roll my eyes and look back up at the constellation, "I'm talking about the constellation, it's a sign of hope, my dad used to say that it would always shine brighter then the others when we needed hope the most." I say quietly.

"You learned a lot from him didn't you?" He asks and i nod, "My moms never really been the nurturing type and after my father died, she became even more distant from Top and I."

"You care about Topper a lot." He points out and i give him a small smile, "He can be a dick i admit that, but all he wants is to keep me safe, i know he hasn't been the best to you and your friends but, he has a good heart."

"I cant picture him as the soft and lovey type." He laughs and i smile, "Yeah, afraid i'm the only one who's ever gonna see that side of him."

Our conversation was suddenly interrupted by loud screaming, i sit up and look over to where the noise was coming from.

"SOMEBODY HELP!" I hear sarah's voice shout and i quickly stand up and run after her, jj following close behind me.

When i run up to her, i see her kneeling down besides John B who was laying on the ground unconscious.

"Holy shit."