35

The bowl i was holding crashes onto the ground as i look at the pogue standing in front of me.

"John B." I say with a shaky breath as i look at him, he holds his hands up as he looks at me, "Octavia, you know i didn't do this."

I hear footsteps walking towards the kitchen, "You okay in there?" Kelce's voice rings through the house as he walks into the room.

His face immediately falls as he sees John B standing in front of me, He slowly pushes me behind him, "Hey, Hey man just listen to me for a second. Relax." John B says cautiously.

"Man, what are you doing here?" He asks as he takes a small step back.

"I-i'm sorry i didn't meant to-" He stutters.

"Man, I know what you did." Kelce says with a shaky voice.

"Please listen to me, I didn't do it, Just listen." John B pleads as he steps forward.

"Get out of my house!" He shouts, "Don't try to talk to us!" Kelce shouts as he continues to slowly push me back, "I know what you did."

"Just listen to me please, I didn't do it." He suddenly looks past Kelce towards me, "Tell him." He pleads.

Kelce reaches behind himself and grabs a knife from the counter, I move my eyes towards his hand and shake my head, "No Kelce." I whisper as i look up at him.

"Yo, Put the knife down."

"You just invaded the homeland bro, i'm warning you." Kelce takes a few steps forward as he holds the knife out in front of himself.

"Put the knife down."

"You need to get the hell out of my house right now." Kelce says and John B takes off running.

Kelce quickly sprints after him and i let out a deep breath as i hear shouting from down the hall.

I jump when i hear someone coming up behind me, I turn my head and see that Kelce was walking past me towards the living room.

He stops in his tracks and turns around, "Wait upstairs." He says before continuing on.

I start walking towards the stairs when i see a chair lodged against one of the many doors lining the hallway.

I slowly knock on the door and step back when i hear John B's voice, "Hey hey, let me out man." He pleads.

"John B?" I ask as i lean my head against the door.

"Octavia, Octavia, you saw Rafe, you were there, you have to tell them to call this off." He pleads.

"Why on earth would i help you?" I sneer as i lean against the door.

"You're the bastard that killed my father, You owe me much more then this." He hissed has he bangs his fist against the door, causing me to jump back.

I hear footsteps coming towards me and i look up to see Topper and Kelce walking towards me.

"Tave, upstairs now." Topper orders as he looks down at me.

"Top, i can he-" I start to say but he shakes his head, "Upstairs." He says firmly.

I look between my brother and my best friend who had both made up their minds, "Fine." I huff as i trudge towards the large staircase.

I climb up the stairs as i run my hand through my hair.

I knew my way around Kelce's house pretty well, we've been friends since kindergarten so i come over here a lot.

I walk into Kelce's room and immediately run towards the window when i see red and blue lights flashing from the street.

I watch as swarms of police walk up and down the road, pushing through the crowds of various people that had gathered.

I see a familiar blonde sitting on a bike peering through the crowd, I quickly open the window and swing my legs over the side.

I slowly lower myself down until i'm close enough to the ground to jump.

I groan as i painfully land on the hard pavement, I slowly stand up and start making my off of the property.

"SARAH!" I shout as i finally spot her again, Sarah turns around and as soon as she catches my eye she stars peddling faster as she makes her way through the groups of people.

"Shit." I mutter as i start running after her, I had to shove past the groups of people that were standing in the middle of the road.

"SARAH!" I shout, I manage to catch up to her and she slowly comes to a stop, "What." She mutters as she refuses to look me in the eyes.

"Look, i know you hate me right now but i'm trying to help you, John B is in Kelce's house." I whisper as i look at her.

"What's the point of telling me this if you're just going along with my dads lies." She mutters.

"I'm not going along with his lies, i'm trying to help you alright? You're my best friend and as much as i don't really support you and John B getting together, I know how much you guys care about him." I sigh.

Sarah looks at me for a second then sighs, "Why is she at kelce's?" She asks.

"I don't know, But Topper and Kelce have him locked in a room."

"Of course Topper's in on this." She says as she shakes her head.

"He's not in on anything." I say as i defend my brother, "Someone who's been accused of murder walks into your house, what else are you supposed to do??"

"You know Rafe did it, you could've told them!" She hisses.

"Rafe's my best friend Sarah, you know i can't sell him out." I say quietly.

"It's me or him, you continue lying for him or you fess up and help John B." She says before leaving without another look in my direction.