Chapter 26 - The First Memory

Start from the beginning

Niall nodded and practically pushed Lou off, “I’ll be there in a second, honest. Don’t wait up, Lou,” he told him before turning to me, “We’ll...we’ll talk about this later, ok? I just, I need to go for the fans for a few minutes.”

I nodded and smiled, “Have fun,” I gave him a quick peck on the cheeks before he stood up and walked out, a smile forming on his face, and I didn’t know if it was because of the fans, or because this was the first thing I had remembered about Niall since the accident. Probably, it was because of both. I crossed my legs on the bed, and tried to sort through all the thoughts that were pushing themselves about in my head.

First, I had, for the first time ever, remembered a memory of me and Niall. How awesome is that? Second, I think that I unlocked the secret (if you want to call it that) to remembering my past. I just had to find something that would trigger that memory, right? But what kept bothering me was this: I had remembered a lot of stuff about my family, things about their character, my relationship with them, some odd memories we had made together...why was Niall different? What was it about him that kept me from knowing more about our friendship before the accident?

I stuck my hand in a packet of sweets I hadn’t even realised I’d grabbed from God knows where. I couldn’t figure this one out on my own, maybe later I’d talk to the boys about it. Or I could discuss it tomorrow with Daniela! Niall’s loud laugh interrupted my train of thoughts, and I looked around, thinking that they had come into the tour bus and I hadn’t even realised, but the sound of his bubbly laughter was coming in from outside.

I sighed and lay down on the bed, I couldn’t wait till Niall came in so that maybe we could talk...unless the boys were in one of their moods were they found everything silly and funny. I heard Louis shouting a loud goodnight to the fans as he opened the bus’s door, and I quickly perked up. I swung my legs out from the bed and was about to go talk to Niall when I noticed how down Liam looked.

“Hey, I’m...I’m gonna talk to Liam and then we’ll talk later, ok?” I whispered to Niall, looking over to Liam who had gone to the other side of the tour bus and just sat down on the floor, staring. He nodded and went to sit down next to the others to play some Fifa.

I sat down next to Liam, “What’s wrong, Li?”

He gave me a small smile and shook his head, “Nothing.”

“Mhm, I believe you,” I told him sarcastically. He just looked down, and I nudged him gently, “Come on, tell me. How am I supposed to believe that when you’re sitting here, on the floor, alone, whilst the boys are watching Fifa? You didn’t argue with Daniela, did you?”

“No no, it’s...it’s just that, Paul said that we might go to the airport to pick her up, and just now he told me that we can’t ‘cos tomorrow we need to wake up early for rehearsals. I don’t give a shit about rehearsals we know the stuff by heart, I haven’t seen her in two weeks and we only had less than one week together after the UK tour because she had exams coming up and I rarely ask for anything, you know that, but then I ask for this one simple thing to pick my girlfriend up from the airport and he’s all like as if. That’s just fucked up,” he finished his rant, looking down.

I nodded, “Well you’re not gonna get what you want if you just sit there you know!”

“I already tried talking him into it but he just walked away!” he told me, a little louder this time.

I nodded, and smiled, “Maybe, but I can be very convincing when I want to be, trust me,” I said, standing up and handing him my hand to pull him up. He smiled slightly and shook his head, “If this works...”

I grinned, “It will. Hey guys, we’re going out for a sec we’ll be back soon ok?” I called out to the boys, slipping out before they could reply. I crossed my fingers as I walked to the road where the crew had parked their cars, hoping that Paul would be there. Luckily he was, and I didn’t waste time beating around the bush.

“Why can’t we go to the airport for Daniela?” I asked politely, hoping that that way he wouldn’t get pissed at me.

He groaned, “Because tomorrow the boys will have rehearsals, and if we go pick her up we’ll arrive at the hotel at around three in the morning. Then it’s me who gets in trouble!”

“But...they can sleep in the tour bus! I’ll make sure of that, honest! And I’ll only wake Liam up when she arrives, and they can say hello and good night and go straight to sleep till we arrive at the hotel! How’s that?”

“Ok, so say we’re doing that, and I’m not saying that we are! But say we might, who’s gonna go in the airport to pick her up? Liam sure can’t cos he’ll get bombarded! And we don’t know what she looks so we can’t go! And what about the taxi?”

“Cancel the taxi and let me go in for her? I don’t have to be up early? Please?” I pleaded, desperate not to let Liam down. Paul was about to protest so I talked before he could, “Look, imagine it’s your wife, wouldn’t you wanna go welcome her? Just this once? Please?”

He sighed and shook his head, “Sorry, guys, it’s just not gonna happen,” he said as he turned away to talk to someone else.

I bit my lip and turned to Liam, who looked even sadder than before, “Li, I’m so sorry, I thought that maybe I could-”

“Just forget about it, let’s go inside, ok?” he mumbled, turning round and walking towards the tour bus. I was about to walk behind him when Paul stopped me and whispered, “If we do this, you’re in charge of waking them up tomorrow morning. I know the boys, they’re not gonna sleep unless they’re in the hotel. No way they’re gonna sleep in the tour bus. So you’re in charge?”

I grinned and nodded, then ran off to catch up with Liam. I told him the news and he grinned and hugged me tight, “Oh my God I can’t thank you enough, seriously! This is great, I’m gonna go tell the boys! Thanks Allie,” he said with a final hug and ran into the tour bus. I grinned and followed him inside.

yaaaaaay allie's remembering something, how happy are you? well idk about you im really happy for her awwww and like liam and daniela they're too cute omg :3

IN OTHER NEWS TODAY, I just got an idea for my second fanfic, and it's gonna be with louis so if you're a louis girl, look forward to that, ok? :) im not gonna spill any beans about it as of yet though cos like even im not sure about the plot yet, i just know a few main pointers but that's just about it, im letting the story slowly form itself in my brain

AS USUAL, please tell me what you think of this chapter, either by:

a) being an angel and commenting

b) being an angel sent from heaven and voting

and/or c) being MY angel and fanning me omg i love fans i love you all the few i have haha thank you bye bye for nowxxxxx