Chapter- Thirty Two

Two months have passed and now we have changed our school together from junior high to senior high. I have always wanted to follow my dad’s footsteps, so it took me less than a minute to decide which high school I would like to join, unlike Gini who decided to follow me without hesitation discarding the confusion of career choice. Honestly, this was more like the other way round as I waited her to laid out the cards and I picked the school she favoured.

In the early morning I woke up with tons of enthusiasm and picked up the phone to text Gin.

Morning, baby corn! Big day! New school! Let’s get ready!

She checked the text but didn’t respond. So I texted again.

Come on, monkey, don’t waste time on bed. Don’t you need to jump off the trees?

“Fuck off”

I know how to trigger someone fashionably!

I grinned with an amusement of how badly she must be fighting against the drowsiness due to lack of sleep and the reason was this asshole who is smiling sneakily looking at the screen, closing the eyes together.

These days we have been talking and chatting till late hours. The thrill of youth is full to the brim. We meet in breakfast, we ride together, we exhaust ourselves. Whole day we text like crazy. Then we meet again for afternoon ride and evening walk and dinner at my place. I’m taking cooking lessons lately as dad remains absent most of the days. Eating at Gini’s place sometimes becomes real embarrassing as Uncle throws some weird questions about our dating days and often complaints how different his time was with Brinda. And at night, we walk each other home and then we talk till one of us falls asleep, that’s Gini most of the days. Life is so beautiful and full of endeavour.

I got in my new uniform and took my backpack and two bottles of water. Can’t keep my girl thirsty. While taking out my new Hero bicycle which has a stylish passenger career in the back, I brushed off the non existent dusts and set out to Gin.

Tring tring tring… my bicycle honked with full excitement and waited for the beautiful passenger.

The air blew past me, shuffling my hair it sent a crisp chill on my bare cheeks. The blue heaven above me shined majestically. The trees whistled imitating my inner thoughts when I’d see Gin cascading down from the stairs like a pixy and exposed the most wicked smile across her lips and a perfect wink. Everything is so perfect so endearing.

The door opened and a bald brazen male face appeared forwarding me a warning look. Yeah, a little less perfect.

“I tell you, young man, you must be very cautious and careful from the teen boys. Don’t let her be bullied. I’m putting you in charge. Protect my little baby.” Uncle whined and sniffled.

“Uncle, she has this dashing boyfriend. Send your worries home. She is in safe hands”. I let out a mighty groan to which uncle stared at me blankly and dropped his face and turned around.

“You don’t think she is in safe hands”? I threw a tantrum.

“Yeah yeah..i believe that.” He said while climbing the stairs.

“Then why did your mood turn off”?

“You had me cracked at 'dashing boyfriend’!..” uncle just sabotaged my cool mood and shoved the brimming confidence up in my arse.

“I don’t care if you don’t approve my dashing handsomeness as long as your daughter does” I shot back.

“She doesn’t think either” Uncle yelled and laughed at his mighty roar.