Chapter- Twenty five

When I woke up this afternoon, the blue sky had hidden itself behind a few puffy uncouth clouds. Darkness has spread its wings across the vastness. Any minute now, the cloud will burst into tears and flood the area. Road will disappear and blocks will go dark.

I remember when we were kids, Gini used to make paper boats and jot her name down on it and let it float towards this direction. Then she would call me and confirm whether I had received them. I had lied her numerous times as they never really made their way to me. How ironical!

I proceeded to close the windows and arrange few candles as electricity tends to go down when the storms arrive.

“Shittttt…” I had forgotten to feed a good amount of charge to my phone and the electricity is just gone. I checked my phone. It won’t live an hour. But who will call me anyway?

I wanted to spend the day lazily, lying on the bed and watching the lizard moving across the roof. You know, just lazy as fuck! But my growling stomach demanded my attention. I went to the kitchen and looked for anything readymade or easy to cook because my culinary skill sucks. Even instant noodles too had given up on me.

Cooking and I have always shared a rivalry since the beginning of mankind. I’m basically ‘the kitchen terminator’ as dad calls me; whatever I touch, it drops and ends life.

I wrapped myself up well and pulled a chair to sit by the semi closed window and drowned myself into Gini’s thoughts. Things have changed. She isn’t my girl anymore which stings me like a fucking bee but to accept the unacceptable has been my favourite past time these days.

I’m used to it now. I’m used to being alone. If anyone thinks I talk like a saint now is probably because I have become one. I could even give an hour of spiritual talk about how to defend yourself when you’re heartbroken.

Is this the dark time Great Masters of Hogwarts in Harry Potter mentioned about?

Interrupting me from my reverie, the door was knocked unexpectedly. Who the fuck would come at this hour? The dark cloud has started breaking down into droplets. There was no way who would self invite himself in my dark nest.

I did no hurry to reach the main door, you know.. only the Satan works in hurry and I’m the Saint here.

“Who?” I asked, followed by the habit of asking a name before opening the door.

Knock knock knock!
That’s the answer I received from the other side of the door.

I thought twice whether to unlock the door because if I knew the person, I would have to ask him come inside till the rain stops. But, Frankly speaking I was in no mood to entertain another idiot now.

So I asked again, “who”?

“Tintin…open the door please” a faint cry, almost faded into the wind, reached my ears and sent a chill through my spine.

Gini! What the hell was she doing? It was pouring heavily. She must be scared and drenched. I slid into my slippers and bolted to the door.

“What took you so long, Tintin”? She whizzed past me.

“What happened”? I asked her hurriedly, fearing whether something has happened at her home. The downpour causes more damages here than slides and quakes.

Gini didn’t get herself drenched which means she either had a raincoat on or was present here before the rain. My instinct guided me to bet the latter.

“Mom sent you dinner. Sir Rajiv had called. He won’t make it today.” Gini formed a smile. Her hands were laden with heavy bags. She squatted down and hinted to take these bags from her to which I just stood there with open jaws, “don’t just stand there, take these”, she yelled.

What the fuck was she doing here? I was instantly looking for a sophisticated way to wave her an early good bye. But then my eyes got stuck at the purple tee she was donned on. Her mounts exhibit distinctively in this one. And the little popsicle inside my pant just wiggled its head. Just the sight of her face tickles every corners of my body. Strange! No other girl has this kind of crazy impact on me.

“We won, huuhhh?” she broke the silence but her voice didn’t penetrate my brain. I nodded like a robot.

“You were in purple in the match….” An awkward tone seeped through my voice.

“Yup … don’t you like purple…” she curved her lips.

Purple! Purple! I repeated in my mind. My dirty thoughts won’t let me live!

“Where have you been? Haven’t seen you for ages. Busy in tests”? She asked, pretended to be distracted but her fluffy red eyes didn’t permit her to.

“Kind of… what about you…”? I asked without being attentive to her and put the boxes in the fridge. I myself couldn’t believe the hard aura that I was emitting on her. She must be crazy as fuck now!

“How’s Maya?” She asked without wasting time. That’s more like Gin. Direct and quick.

“She is fantastic. Just met her few minutes back. Do you want these boxes back like right now”?

Please move away from my sight, Gin!

“No, just keep them. I will come in the morning to take it.” She built another smile.

Stop it, now! You’re making me weak on my knees.

“No, you don’t have to. I will return Brinda by myself.” I gulped down another embarrassing gawk off her chest.

Gini’s devoid of make up-face darkened. She pressed her lips together and scanned the room leisurely as in she was searching for words around the corner.

“Okay, then… I’m leaving…” She made a move to the door.

“Good night! Give my love to Brinda” I said. My heart thudded faster than it should. I wanted her to stay. I wanted to her leave despite knowing its very dangerous going out now. But what about the danger which was spiralling inside me?

“Why are you ignoring me? I haven’t done anything. Have i?” She paused by the door and turned back.

“Time is priceless. Use it for the tests. It’s evening already. Go home.” I desperately tried to push her away.

Reasons?

First, I wanted to crush her lips right there!
Second, I wanted to do it eagerly!

“Is this what Maya told you to do? Avoid me”? Gin claimed firmly. Her face was stern. I was a bit taken aback by her accusations and determined to come back solid.

“What would Vivek think if he found out you were  alone in a stormy afternoon with me who ogles at your boobs”?

  Did I just let the dogs out?

She got statued. I wondered which one effected her most, the name Vivek or the question itself.

“We are best friends. Don’t we owe each other that much”? Gini followed her steps inside and aimed at the Forbidden table where I have fantasized her uncountable times.

Shit!

“Leave, Gin. Rain will get worse.” I swallowed.

“Try move me” She stomped her feet.

The sound of thunder budged and shook me to my core. The shattering noise of gusty wind was slamming the windows. Darkness had crawled sneaking inside the room and settled in my weak heart. A faint warm air breathed out from my mouth and collapsed on my lips.

The presence of Gini in this darkest hour was causing more destruction than the storm was doing outside.

I exhaled a sigh, “Please, leave or there would be no going back at all”! I don't know if the latter part was spoken outloud as i was speaking truth.

“Im not going back” Gini claimed and nestled a feet away, crossing her arms.

I repeated in my mind, I’m finished.

***

Thank you for reading 🤗