Introduction

Introduction: how it began

My story and love story both began the day my father, Sir Rajiv, that's what I too call him like his fellow students, took a transfer to a country side area in Dehradun.

It was more like a terrain, agricultural farm land. Small cottage like rooms made of stone and wood, fenced yard and small ponds where you can culture fish and snake both; the latter one volunteered itself.

Greenery and marsh lands are its stand out features. No noise! No crowd! No friends! No playground! A land of leaves! Loads of it.

Oh! Did I mention there are a varieties of reptiles crawls around the place? You are meant to meet at least one kind every day as most of the days people here encounter less humans and majority of them.

So for me, it's a No! From a densely populated high spirited metro city to a rustic cultivating area wasn't exactly I had hoped for.

But no one really pays attention to a kid. My father said in his croaked voice "Naman, you are too young to understand what's good for you".

It might sound harsh but it was for his own good. As my mother passed away last year from lung cancer, Sir Rajiv decided to abandon our city home and moved in the 'Snake Island'!

But i was too young to realise, it was actually the horrifying grief that led my father to take such a major decision. It wasn't easy for him. And I wasn't coping well.

Nevertheless, I won't stay here. I will sneak out at night, catch a bus or something and run away. Perfect! After all, what could go wrong?

Except for the fact, I was only five years old.

--

As planned, I sneaked out the next day right after the sun set. The whole place had worn pitch black. Street lights were so dim that I couldn't even tell apart a human from a tree even in a few metres distance. I jogged hurriedly towards the main raw lane which eventually meets the main road.

I ran so fast beating the cool breeze that crashed against my face and body. No, it wasn't just a cool breeze. It was the wind. A mighty strong one! More like a 'oh momma... it's a storm... and I was running straight into the eye of it'.

I ceased my feet and looked back. Which side did I come from? The road looked like a merry go round. Round and round.

Before I could think of any option, a gust of air thrust me over and I was thrown into dust.

I scouted around the place but couldn't see a sign of a living creature. Which sensible person will roam about a storm anyway?

I pulled myself off the road but fell down immediately on the ground. My feet are hurt, bruised and I could feel a liquid sliding through my knees. I must be bleeding.

I tussled on ground and cried for help, "Sir Rajiv, where are you"?

I narrowed my eyes to prevent dirt gashing the cornea. The wind got stormier, dense and frightening. I screamed like a lamb exactly when I heard a low voice approached me from my left side ... or right.

I scanned through the dark and spotted a small indistinctive figure advanced towards me.

Momma, is that you? I murmured through my bruised lips.

The small boy hurried to me and attempted to pull up my wounded body with every strength he had. I forced my will to get up on my own. I'm a man! I won't lean my body on his small member.

But all my manhood was sucked away when an uncontrolled massive circular ball of a gusty wind approached towards me, to us!

"Get up, kid, we have to run" The kid screamed into my ear.