Chapter- Twenty eight

Rahul and I both were waiting near the school gate for catching one glance of Gini to make sure if she was doing okay. Have chosen the school instead of her house for a particular reason. If things became hostile, Maya would become the scapegoat. Rahul's idea though! Diplomatic but safe.

No, Gin hasn't called or texted or visited me once since the 'happy' incident. Some might say, it's been two days and Gini probably needed time to resolve the conflict. But my heart couldn't ousted the piled up worries.

My fear has summed up double whether she regretted the moment and was holding up a confession to Vivek if she hadn't already or she was already being accused a cheater by the same person, had she confessed.

And for these very reasons, I have started regretting myself. Shouldn't have let my lunacy come in way, at least our friendship would have still remained alive, crippled but alive.

My desperate feet had walked to her house many times but courage hasn't backed me up to advocate my body inside. I don't know how long would this be torturing me.

"Why aren't you taking my suggestion in account"? Rahul shook my arm and asked.

"Since when we became mafios? We are decent guys. We don't beat people" I scowled at Rahul's another lame idea of abducting Vivek and beat the shit out of him.

"We don't. But I know few guys who would be pleased to" Rahul added.

"What kind of guys are you in touch with these days"? My voice slipped a retort.

"My game mates. They are some weird kind of piece of shits, I tell you. They would take this ass down once asked" Rahul growled.

I exhaled a huge sigh of relief when I saw Maya was poking her way to us with her usual soothing smile. She always gives off positive vibes like everything was going to be just fine and I will go back to my previous life which was being able to loving Gini without hesitation.

In a sense, Rahul and Maya were two opposite characters with the same goal in life. Like, if there was an ant trying to get to the other side of the river, Maya would help by putting it on a leaf whereas Rahul wound find an opposite sex of ant to have it accompanied. Both of them helped but they have their different ways.

And that particular moment, I gave birth the most stupidest idea of my life that these two should date, you know, perfect for each other- the Einstein and the sixty-nine!!

"One good news. One bad news". Maya laid out both fists before us and hinted to pick one.

I picked the good one. Maya chuckled and said, "They aren't together any more"

"Who"? Rahul quizzed.

"Who else? Which is the hottest topic of the town"?

"That MMS girl Tina, your class mate and her three boyfriends? Which one is off? Do I get a chance"? Rahul quipped.

Maya came close to my arm and said, "I know a place where we can bury this idiot. You on"?

My ears ignored every bullshit these two were seething up and my heart refused to function by the news. By 'they' did she mean Gin and Vivek? Really? So fast? Maya won't lie. Would she? She needs to explain or I was going to explode.

"For real"? I asked with a big thud in my heart.

"What do you mean by for real? Are you planning to bury me too"? Rahul yelled at me.

"Shut it" Maya and I both yelled back at the clueless.

"Who told you? Gini? Why? How? Since when? Cough it out, Maya. I'm sweating. My heart is gonna explode."