Chapter Fifteen

Is there any suitable word for the term FUCKED?

No?

Okay, I’m fucked!

Dreadfully and rottenly fucked!

Putting my current situation on the back burner, let’s just assume I finally have a shot with Gini and we end up being together, what kind of asshole will I have to become knowing Maya’s likings towards me, I had taken her help!

Hey, girl, I know you like me! So, can I be a perfect jerk to use your soft spot for my benefit?

If there was any worse place than hell, I would directly be escorted down there.

“Who gave you this bullshit idea? Rahul”? I hopelessly nodded at my father’s latest discovery regarding how screwed his son’s life has become.

I nodded lazily without diverting my blank stare off the ceiling.

“This is your age where you make mistakes. Make sure Gini is in safe hands”. Dad was worried.

I nodded again.

“What kind of guy is he? Vivek?” dad asked.

“He is..good.” I grinded reluctantly.

“Reliable”?

“Yeah…that’s what he seems”

“Can he catch snakes”?

“How the hell would I know that”?

“Right! Is he handsome like me”?

I chose to remain mute.

“Shall we call them over dinner? I’m here to support Gini.” His sarcastic chuckle didn’t meet the basic requirement for a helping dad.

“Are you my real dad”? I slowly dragged my gloomy face only to meet his sarcastic eyes.

“You have my face and toes” He did a feeble attempt to subdue his laugh and I dived back into the eternal flame of shame, pain and misery.

--

Liar

Liar

Liar

Liar

Liar

Sender: Gini, the pooh!

Five messages crowded my phone when I came out of shower, accusing me a liar when I honestly have no idea what lies I have ever told her.

I parked my limped body near the window, listening to the mild croon of the cold breeze. Times like this, I miss my Gini the most. Every time I have ached for my mom, I go to her without hesitation and lean on her shoulder. She would crack some weird jokes and I rolled on the floor. Then Brinda would come with snacks and we circled ourselves like a family.

I should have told her. I should have expressed my feelings when I had the chance. What could have possibly go wrong?

I know, I wasn’t ready to be slammed by her No.

Is that it? Wasn’t I man enough to turn her No into a promising yes?

Now that I’m fully aware of Maya’s soft corner for me, I feel like I’m using her. Toying with one’s emotions is the meanest crime in the world. And I won’t ever build the foundation of my love upon one’s heartache.

Hence, I typed Maya, can we go alone school tomorrow? I have something to talk about.

Sure… and let me know if Gini has texted or called. We shouldn’t skip anything.

Okay. Good night. See you.

I skipped the part about Gini’s texts to avoid any prolonged period with Maya. Things would turn ugly sooner or later.

Another text received alert!

Liar

Liar

Liar

Liar

Liar

I texted back TEN

What

Counting…ten…

Asshole

Who? Vivek?

No, you!

I frowned settling my head on the newly polished wooden chair. My silly girl! Yes, I should have told her! I kept rolling this thought in my head over and over before my nervous system became relatively inactive and I rested my eyes for the time being.

--

I didn’t wait for Gin the next day, probably the first time ever but a clarification was very much needed and it needed to be done immediately. I left my room early and halted at Maya’s.

Should I go and ring the bell or give her a phone call? Which would seem I’m less interested and distracted about her?

“What did you want to talk about”? Maya asked directly to the message that I had sent her while she hopped down the stairs and landed on her feet perfectly. That’s the thing! She is just perfect which furthered the question why she had an inclination for a defective piece like me?

“ummm…about last night’s text… I was thinking .. no actually I wanted to ask…” I made a face like a hen does before  hatching it’s eggs.

“Stop freaking out, Naman! Tell me anything. I won’t mind” Same cheeky smile plastered her bright face.

How could anyone turn down such an amiable face?

“Lets talk on way” I imposed.

As soon as I paddled my bicycle, I felt a heavy bang behind me. I thought it was an accident or such but when I looked back, Gini’s furious eyes were already penetrating my face.

“Tintin, you bastard… you didn’t wait for me…” she yelled at me so loudly that few of the birds which were resting on trees just flew away above her head. I would have laughed my heart out at a scene like this but I bolted down the impulse.

“I had some important thing to talk to Maya” I said in an apologetic tone which just startled her.

She gritted her teeth, lifted her brows and pressed her lips before cursing me, “Ya you asshole! Got a new girl and ditched me!” and hurried away leaving me unspoken.

“Just wait, she will look back and curse you, again” Maya said, brightening her face.

After a minimum distance, Gin did look back and gritted something through her teeth and vanished.

Amazing! Maya surprises me every fucking time. I turned at her already smiling face which tossed me a ‘how about that, huh’ look! Girls know each other that well? Wow! Incredible!

But Gini’s iconic intervention desisted me from clearing the dense dark cloud that was circling over us, me and Maya!

Too bad that things have to be ended between us. Maya is an amazing friend but it would be better off if she stayed a friend.

As I had said, toying with emotion is the worst thing ever! And I had no intention to defy that.

***

** I would like to apologise for the grammar mistakes. Please don’t hesitate to correct.**

**Please like, share and comments**

Thank you🤗