Chapter Nineteen

“Did you guys fight”? I scoffed at my own assumption because my heart was very much keen on relishing the idea.

She shook her head while encircling my body.

Damn it! Vivek is indeed a smartass! Why would he fight when the ball was already in his court.

“Brinda scolded you?” I knew uncle would never rise his voice at her but Brinda sometimes gets overboard.

She gave me another No by shaking her head.

“What is it? Did I hurt you somehow?” I just called upon the moment when we all came out of the parlour earlier this evening with a hoot of laughter except Gini. She was upset, wasn’t she?

But Gin relieved me by another head-shake.

After a good five minutes apart, she finally broke the hug and cleared her throat, “Tintin,. I didn’t mean to hide it from you. I knew it all along. Few girls wanted your number but I ignored. Some of them were good. But I skipped telling you because I knew you’d like them. And I couldn’t afford to see you drift away.”

Is that what this was all about? She was just guilty? And here I was preparing for award winning speech!

“How could one’s liking take me away from you”? As soon as I hit the last word, I suddenly recalled the night when I was complaining against her overflowing joy over this guy Vivek. The nights are same. The words are exact. Even the emotions are running in the same stream. Just for a moment, though!

“See, I have made the list of the girls with their phone numbers. I know you’re doing well with Maya but in case if things don’t work out between you two, you have at least ten more options. I’m really sorry for not letting you know.” With that, she crumpled my puddle of hope.

I have always been terrified of roller coaster rides because of the slick moment when it goes up high slowly and then it dumps down slopes fast. It doesn’t give time to hold or prepare. Gravity gives a fuck and I have no control over how it makes me crippled. Gini’s confrontation gave me a tiny glimpse of that.

“So how’s things with Vivek? You seemed a little off today.” I asked only to prolong my ache.

“Ya, its okay actually. He is too polite and you know, stiff. He is more like a sitting at home and help me in kitchen type, complete my opposite”

“Opposite attracts, right?” I smiled.

“It does? Why do we then keep on looking similarities in our partners, Master Wayne, if opposite attracts?” She examined my face and waited patiently for an answer. An answer which would threaten her relationship.

“Aannhh I don’t know. I will ask Maya.” I dodged. I don’t even know why I said that. I must have been triggered by Vivek’s name. Been driven by the anger of her submission to a douche, I came up with Maya’s name.

Is this how revenge works?

“Its so unfamiliar seeing you leaning on another girl”. There was a low fumble in her voice and it comes out only when she is conflicted. As I knew her that well, I could tell she was piling up against Maya. Her ‘Another girl’ was a perfect fit for my intuition.

“Why do you like Maya so much? She is sometimes so mean” She rowed her boat against downstream.

“She is okay…” I shrugged.

“She gives me evil vives” Gini threw a fist.

“Hey, our partners are off-limits, Gini.” I held my fort!

Since when I became so cool about provoking someone?

Gini’s face instantly got plastered with annoyance but she was trying hard to cover it which looked so funny because every time she was about to take a dig at Maya, I came up with hilarious supports. I think I have found the master key!

“She has long hair. You like short” Gin began.

“I’m growing on it” Strike one!

“She is studious but you like dumb girls”

“Brain is our common factor. I like her being a brainy.” Does Gini know she is dumb?

“She insults people often”

“Yeah and I enjoy it. She protects me well” bring it on!

“She has small boobs.”

“Handy” Never noticed it.

“You gawk her much”?

“Not yet, but you switched on the lamp” lead the game by 5-0

Gini was a minute away before she finds something nearby and throws at me. Her lips curled and her brows squeezed. Her small nose was pumping fast. I scanned the room quickly for anything heavy which could wound me. Thankfully there wasn’t any.

But she thought something out of the box. She scurried to my study table and pulled the Playboy magazines out from the drawer and in a blink of eye, she pulled apart and scrambled few heavenly pages. Shit! Before I could process, few of the most exquisite topless models on the magazine had turned into shreds.

My precious! My night crawlers! My tent builders!

Before I could scamper to grab the rests of the pages from her, she warned me by saying, “You make one move and I will call Sir Rajiv”.

I was frozen, cupped into the eternal pain of loss!

She ripped off every model, slaying their boobs, sweaty navels, slender neck. My horniest models turned into a piece of garbage. For once I thought of patching them up but who I was kidding!

“Why did you do it Gini? What did they do”? I was on the verge of crashing as Rahul’s angry face flashed in front of me.

I scraped off the shreds of pieces from the wooden floor but they weren’t any good. I surveyed Gini's face which was all on fire. Her lips were trembling in anger. Her crimson cheeks were burning hot. The sight itself was so horrifying that I couldn’t mourn further.

“Stop whining. Now you can beat off on the real model you are dating”. She just went overboard.

“Is that what you think about me? You think Maya is a piece of flesh that I need only to jerk off? She is a friend. A good friend!” I was harsh and for the valid reason.

“A good friend? Is that why she happened to kiss you last night”? She grudged, flipping back her small bangs.

So she was there when Maya gave me a peck.

“Whatever it is, its between me and Maya. You stay out of this.”

“Did you stay out of my business when I was gushing over vivek? Tell me, Tintin, why you said that you didn’t want us remain friends any more?”

“What do you think, Gin?” my voice rose and dropped in a fling as I gripped her shoulder and pushed her against the table and huffed in break. Our bodies touched closely as I could feel her warm breath dropping on my face.

There was a moment when I could just move my face and our lips would touch. And swearing on the almighty, how badly I wanted that to happen. I could flush all her anger right away just by touching her lips.

My eyes travelled across her sleek neck where I wanted to sink my teeth. Her lobes were desperately craving to be nibbled. Her dry cheeks needed to be moistured and my lips were trembling to help. My hands rolled on her tiny shoulder only to pave their way downwards.

I should move. Help me to move, Gini. Don’t let your guards down. Why are you still here? Why don’t you just push me away and demand to leave?

My desperate prayer for any intervention to drag me away from her wasn’t even being listened.

Anyone?

Please!

For Fuck sake…

Anything?

If not, I was going to follow my instinct and rat out all those hard work that Maya had efforted.

My throat was parched just at the thought of having her in my arms. She just leashed the demon in me which I thought I had chained tight.

And then the magic happened! My phone danced and the blood circulation in my brain resumed running.

Whoever was the caller, I’m thankful to the person for eternity which also furthered the question who the fuck would call me at this hour? Have the ghosts and thieves found another way in?

Gini shifted her glare at the lit up screen and her eyes narrowed in a blink. She removed my hands from her shoulder and prompted to receive it, “Hey Maya…” I could hear a disturbing pause over the phone and then Maya spoke, “What are you doing so late at Naman?”

“I’m crashing here tonight” Gini’s smiled smugly.

“Could you please pass him the phone”. Her voice wasn’t pleasing as it sounded from a far.

Gini handed me the phone and scoffed, “I’m hitting the loo” and ambled off.

“What the fuck is happening there?” Maya’s pleasing voice returned, “Come on, tell me..”

“Long story” I panted.

“Tell me all about it” she sounded giddy.

“Thank you for calling. Did a lot of help.” I exhaled a relief.

“Oh my sticky pad, did I catch you in a compromising position”? She chuckled.

“Kind of”

“Don’t fold. Not now, Naman. She was there to find a loop.”

“I know. Don’t worry. I won’t make a move.”

“And don’t let her crash there. Make yourself unavailable”

“I wasn’t”

“Pace yourself. Okay.”

Maya disconnected the call and I plopped down in the chair and released a giant sigh. Maya was right. I shouldn’t let Gini stay in my room, not because she has a boyfriend or I should not avail myself.

But I knew, if she stayed, I would have kissed her tonight.

***
Thank you for reading ❤️
Vote, Share and Comment.