Chapter eight

Unwilling Gini and Desperate me parted our way from Potential Threat Vivek because Saviour Rahul volunteered to show him the cricket ground in the society.

“Why did Rahul have to tag him along? We could have spent more time” Gin lodged an unofficial complaint against Rahul for what I had thanked him immensely.

And then the tour of torture began!

Lionizing to the guy Vivek, about how attentive he was with her throughout, how brilliant he was on the field and finally ‘I think I liked him’ varnished her face.

“You should have seen him playing. Girls went crazy over him. But he kept looking at me. I felt so special..” at the end of her speech, she nearly got choked in excitement.

“Special? Aren’t you special already? What does a guy have to do about that”? I wasn’t angry because the guy made her feel special, may be a small tad part of me felt jealous but I was irked more because she needed someone to feel special. Since when she became those shit head random girls who drool over a new guy in the class.

“Right! I’m special! And so he is”, her cheeks celebrated Tomatina fest officially.

I chose to remain silent because I frankly have nothing to speak against this guy except he was stealing my girl right under my nose.

“So, what do you think”? She urged to know.

“About what”? I tried to keep off this particular question.

“About him!!! Do you think he likes me”? But she didn’t let me, instead she shot at me with a pair of hopeful eyes to which I can’t ever lie.

“I think so” I told her the truth because Vivek clearly seemed smitten.

“Really?” She did a mini clap to celebrate her victory, then removed both her hands off the bicycle and spread out to feel the air of happiness.

And Me being a complete idiot dropped my head in misery and heaved a defeated sigh.

Rest of the journey was fully consumed by Vivek’s breath-taking looks, personality and loving nature.

--

This wasn’t the first time she had fallen hard for a guy. There was a douchebag in my class who secretly courted her for a whole week.

But as he was a real time asshole, Rahul and I took good care of the rest which was by locking him inside the dirtiest bathroom of our school over an hour.

See, we aren’t proud for what we did but since it was to save an innocent girl from suffering a heartache, I think we should be forgiven!

But this Vivek guy is just perfect. He is well crafted with broad shoulder and tight chest, big round promising eyes and the sharpest nose I have ever seen. Basically he meets the requirements for a young model these days.

How am I supposed to discourage Gin from seeing this epitome of male beauty and most importantly when they share the same classroom?

So, no matter how hard I try to diffuse him, he was already at advantage.

And where does that leave me? In a nutshell, surrounded by fish and reptiles!

I shrugged out my uniform as soon as I reached home and tossed it on sofa, then went for a much needed shower. I was drained, sad and clueless.

--

My eyes lingered on the wide open books that were lying on the wooden table and jeering at my hopeless face.
I needed to shake off this bizarre fear of losing her. But how would I do it?