Chapter nine

I flung down the gaga of discomforts deep into the potholes and prepared myself for the battle ‘Gini, the pooh'. I won’t retreat until I’m beaten. So, I picked my way to her carrying breaming anxiety on my burnt ass.

After what Love Guru Rahul had suggested, I hurried to Gini and snatched her phone away and switched it off immediately before she could voice up to protest.

“What are you doing? That was Viv on the phone… damn… you… Tintin”! She grudged and I wiggled my brows in return.

“What’s so important? You will see him tomorrow any way” I shrugged, disgusted and annoyed.

“Its so upsetting waiting for few more hours to see him again” She shagged her shoulder against mine.

“Look at you…you don’t have time for your best friend”. I pouted sheepishly.

She knew I did that on purpose. “What’s the catch? She rumbled.

“Take a walk with me” I offered my hand.

“and”?

“talk”!

“About what” she held onto my arms instead and rested her tired body.

“Anything but him”

“You didn’t like him, did you”? She asked, knowing the answer. Nothing goes past her eyes except my feelings.

“No” I answered her with big pounds in my chest.

“Could you tell me why”? She asked plainly without removing her body.

“Because he will take you away from me” I said.

“You are my best friend. I won’t ever forget you” She comforted me by tightening her arms.

“Do you really believe everything would remain same between us if you dated him” I interrogated her.

“Do you want everything remain the same, unchanged”?

“With You, yes. I want everything remain the same and unchanged”

“How long? We will have our own life sooner or later”

She sounded so matured all of a sudden and I hated that. I can’t deal with this reality. I wanted an altered one where we both belonged to each other only.

“What’s so special about him anyway”? I grated.

“Vivek? I don’t know… I just like the way he looks at me like I’m the only existing person in the room” She just melted at the thought of him. And it didn’t go unnoticed that her eyes sparkled every time she took his name.

“Have you ever noticed the way I look at you” my heart cried out.

How could she not have seen that? How could her eyes gets past my feelings?

“Yeah.. last time I saw, you were checking out my boobs” She arched her brows and her eyes dared me for a solid come back which frankly wasn’t in my bag.

“I wasn’t checking out. I was worried you would come out like that. You are sometimes too shallow”. I spoke under my breath, removing few strands of her hair that were stuck on my uneven fair skin by the windy breeze.

“Whatever… so about your girl…” She began to form an unnecessary sentence but I cut her.

“I have no one except you. I lied to have you stopped from fetching girls for me.” I blurted.

“Really… no one? Ok.. I will find a pretty one. And then we will four go on a double date” She jumped in excitement at her own idea.

“No thanks. I’m good.” I picked up one stone from the ground and aimed it into the pond, hoping it would hit  right on Vivek but he wasn’t a dummy frog in the pond.

“Why are you so tight? Loosen up a bit. Look at Rahul! He is such a cool scoring guy” She picked up another pebble and threw it at the same direction.

“Would you have dated me if I was like Rahul?” I flashed an anger, followed by jealousy that had taken over half of my existence. Because with her, I’m either distracted or obsessed; there was nothing in the middle.

“What the hell Tintin? Can’t you be happy for me?” She harboured detest against me.

It wasn’t true that I didn’t want her to be happy. I just wanted to be the reason behind her happiness.

“No, I can’t. You are my best friend and I can’t see you go away” I flopped like an abandoned puppy.

“I’m not going anywhere, you idiot. We will always remain friends.” She trailed her fingers to make a love sign and beamed a smile.

Fuck! Is this what they call about being friend zoned? It disgusted me to my core. Why is it so hard for her to realise that I want her full, not the half being? Isn’t the time when she should discover my actual feelings that I have cherished for eleven years?

“Who the hell wants to be friends with you” I gave her a lopsided grin and determined to abandon the place.

That’s it! I needed to plant a doubt inside her head; a puzzle and I did it without making a mistake. I knew she would be doing research on it now and Vivek had just lost her for the time being.

As I had mentioned, I won’t play fair when it comes to her. She is my home. And anyone dares make me a homeless!

I will eat him for dinner!

***

** I would like to apologise for any grammar mistakes beforehand. Please don’t hesitate to correct.**

Please like, share and comment.

Thank you 😊